Tip for Reading Old TOTW Pages

mjs

If you ever read through the TOTW section, you probably noticed that a lot of the older ones are missing pictures... and sometimes, the tip might be a little confusing without them.

For those that haven't already figured it out, you can see older versions of the page by going to archive.org and entering the page there. It will go back a few years and you might have to check a few versions to find a good one.

I'll use Mdog's Back Glass Pattern Cutting Method tip as an example. You can get what he's saying anyway, but he's referring to numbered sections of a picture that is no longer there.

Go to archive.org and enter the URL for that tip (http://www.tintdude.com/totw51.html). That will bring up older versions, like this one, with the picture included.

Not exactly rocket science, but figured it might be useful to those that can't figure out certain tips without the pictures that should be there. You might find a few where even archive.org doesn't have the images, but it doesn't hurt to check.

:lol

WOW I forgot about that :lol2

I was like MDOG back glass pattern? WTF are you talking about? :lol2 I think I have been here too long, I have forgot what I have posted :lol2

I used that website once and found a bunch of lost photo shop pics fromTD.com. It was cool.

I used that website once and found a bunch of lost photo shop pics fromTD.com. It was cool.

Good idea. Screw the tint tips... bring on the Photoshop pics! :lol2

Did something happen at one point where all pictures were lost? Or do they just get purged once in awhile?

Archived