2007 Honda Odessey

Guest soundtweequor

Guest XPEL Costas

Don't know if this will catch you in time, but go to the XPEL dealersite and watch the install vid on the Odyssey. Yes, it is a LITTLE different, but mostly the same technique.

GOOD LUCK!

Costas

XPEL Team

Guest XPEL Costas

Errr...

Are you doing the hood (my response was more hood related)..and I meant to put RIDGELINE (DOH! :spit ).

Or are you doing the hood and bumper?

Good luck,

Costas

XPEL Team

Guest soundtweequor

ya the kit was installed this morning, and for the bumper I did a backroll. the hood wasn't that bad. I think the mercedies ML hood is trickier, but the bumper was a humbling experience. My problematic areas were where the top piece of the bumper wraps I had huge fingers. Wish you guys (xpel) had a video on a level 5 bumper

Guest XPEL Costas

Zeus is correct, which is why we did the radical change in training almost a year ago.

We now start out on our own 2' x 2' pieces that are black plastic. We have about 6 of them that are all shaped very different (some taken from actual cars, others just sculpted freehand and used as a mold) and we teach THEORY on those pieces for the first part. Once they understand what the film can and cannot do, and most of all what the film WANTS to do, then we transition to actual vehicles and learn those. Once you know the theories of how we design kits to cover then I don't have to make a tack diagram for each of our over 50,000 applications...the student already knows where to start and how to tackle each part as those six pieces cover the basics on what they will find in the real world.

My guess is Zeus studies the nose with these things in mind and starts from there (am I right?).

Hope to see ya'll at SEMA!

Cheers,

Costas

XPEL Team

Archived