first ppf install

I helped a uy install PPF on a 07' sprinter demo van today. And I have some general questions. The only problem I saw was the fingers that thet couldnt get to lay down, they would just leave them overnight to let them dry. In the mornin they will trim and I guess push out dried fingers. My question is besides tring to suck up water with a paper towel to help lay fingers. What can you do? I suggested alcohol but they said that wont work. Heatgun maybe? Im just unfamiler with the product and it seems theres some trick im missing. Anything helps guys, share your wisdom please.

stretch it.................. :duck

:beer

he did do a little stretching on the headlinghts and such...just seemed he didnt know what he was doing. I know its gonna give you a hassle but d*mn. I think it may have been a combo of the fact he didnt know what he was doing and too much soap.

Guest socalkid

Been there a little over a year ago. I wished I had found this forum in my infancy stages. I've come a long way from my first car but I'm still learning new tips and tricks from great applicators. So take the advice of really experienced guys like Zues and you will get there too. Good Luck! :duck

Guest XPEL Costas

autoez22,

The 'problem' with ppf is similar to tint in the fact that a random person sees a really good installer put some on a car and they say 'that's not so bad'. :hmmm

Was it a pre-cut kit or were you bulking it? What film? Typically a heat-gun is a no-no, but a steamer can be your friend in some situations.

XPEL is one of several businesses that offer training classes and if you seriously see yourself moving forward in this industry then it is probably worth your investment of time and money to rapidly acquire the skills rather than take a long time and risk damaging a vehicle.

If you'd like to chat, I work for XPEL and would be more than happy to help. I'll be at SEMA from tomorrow thru next weekend, (if you go, please stop by) but will be back after that.

Cheers,

Paul Costas

XPEL Team

Guest tintgod
autoez22,

The 'problem' with ppf is similar to tint in the fact that a random person sees a really good installer put some on a car and they say 'that's not so bad'. :hmmm

Was it a pre-cut kit or were you bulking it? What film? Typically a heat-gun is a no-no, but a steamer can be your friend in some situations.

XPEL is one of several businesses that offer training classes and if you seriously see yourself moving forward in this industry then it is probably worth your investment of time and money to rapidly acquire the skills rather than take a long time and risk damaging a vehicle.

If you'd like to chat, I work for XPEL and would be more than happy to help. I'll be at SEMA from tomorrow thru next weekend, (if you go, please stop by) but will be back after that.

Cheers,

Paul Costas

XPEL Team

ok..we get the drift that you are going to be a SEMA... :hmmm

Guest XPEL Costas

But do you know my booth number??? :lol2:eyebrows

heh heh

I just hate it when I forget to forward my vmail or let folks know if I'm going to be gone for a while because that is EXACTLY when folks ask questions and then come back the next day (or a few days later) and say 'Hey, WHERE ARE YOU?'.

:beer

Cheers,

Paul Costas

XPEL Team

Archived