christmas wreaths?

I have a tint and sign shop. Want to install a Christmas wreath on my suv with a sign in the center of the wreath. I have seen some that I can get that have a "15 foot lead cord that plugs in your cigarette llighter". How else would you hook it up so that you don't have a wire coming out of your hood through your door opening and then in your lighter?...Assuming that is how you would install it?Can you hook it up somehow differently?

Guest haroldshouseoftint

You can take the cigarette lighter plug, cut it off and attach 1 side to ground, and the other to a switched ignition lead.

What type of SUV do you have? (Chevy,Ford,etc etc) tell me that, and I can tell you which switched lead to hook it up to. :evileye

Guest haroldshouseoftint

under the dash on the ignition harness, there will be a black wire with a red stripe on it (thick around 12 gauge wire) that is your ignition lead, when the vehicle is on (running or not) your wreath will light up.

As tint45 said, run the wire through the firewall, there won't be a plug (in the firewall) big enough to fit a cigarette lighter through, but once you've cut the plug off, you can ground it under the hood somewhere, and just attatch the other wire to the black/red wire.

make sure to wrap the wires going through the firewall with electrical tape, even though it's only for a short time span, those wires are thin, and can rub through and short out.

Hope that helps you out. Happy Holidays :evileye

:thumb:beer

P.S. Pink is your accessory wire off the ign. harness, you could also use that wire.

Well , first of all, I was pretty busy today so I didn't get a chance to even pull my vehicle in my own bay. Second, I guess I have the cart before the horse because I need to find a wreath like I was talking about to even hook it up. I wanted to make sure that I could even do it right before I found one. Had no idea that you would have my answers so quickly. Now I need to get into gear. I will try again tomorrow. Any suggestions where to find a wreath with 12 volt lights on it? I will search the web if not.

Thanks...will keep you updated.

Archived