2006 mercedes ml advice

Guest tintec

I once had a wierd situation with my uncles 2000 ml the stock stereo didnt work, no sound and I check all the wiring and fuses and found out that the stock radio wans't powering the remote wire that turns on the factory amp. What I did to get it to work was tap the ignition wire to turn on the factory amp and it worked. About and hour later after we ate dinner and came outside and there was the back glass in pieces. Now my uncle calls insurance and they replace it with a new back glass and the thing exploded again. So now my uncle told me to undo the wiring and it never happened again, my uncle didnt blame me because it just not logicall that something like the radio would be tied into the back glass in any way. Just thought I share this story.

Guest goldtooth
I once had a wierd situation with my uncles 2000 ml the stock stereo didnt work, no sound and I check all the wiring and fuses and found out that the stock radio wans't powering the remote wire that turns on the factory amp. What I did to get it to work was tap the ignition wire to turn on the factory amp and it worked. About and hour later after we ate dinner and came outside and there was the back glass in pieces. Now my uncle calls insurance and they replace it with a new back glass and the thing exploded again. So now my uncle told me to undo the wiring and it never happened again, my uncle didnt blame me because it just not logicall that something like the radio would be tied into the back glass in any way. Just thought I share this story.

:lol good to know ,tinted allot of them never had problems,thanks for the heads up :lol2

Guest naughtydog
I soap shrink also and I use johnsons greystone but on limo I use rayguard johnsons as theres no limo in greystone,thanks mate ill give the wool a go,a quick once over or do you really have to scrub it?

Just give it a good rub all over, I do it after I have scrubbed the backglass.

got the car done back glass was no probs at all,dont know what I was worrying about!then just my luck on my last window I was cutting pattern on outside when I realised that I had just cut straight through the rubber gasket on to the glass leaving about an inch still in tact top and bottom,I used superglue to stick it back,hope customer doesnt realise,did anyone else ever make this mistake on a mercedes?? :lol6

Guest naughtydog
got the car done back glass was no probs at all,dont know what I was worrying about!then just my luck on my last window I was cutting pattern on outside when I realised that I had just cut straight through the rubber gasket on to the glass leaving about an inch still in tact top and bottom,I used superglue to stick it back,hope customer doesnt realise,did anyone else ever make this mistake on a mercedes?? :lol6

yeh..but never quite that bad. :lol6

Archived