VentureShield Manufacturing process

Guest Venture

Guest Venture

OK, firstly I'd like to introduce myself to the forum again. My name is Brett Webster, I am responsible for the product development and sale of VentureShield worldwide. I have been involved in the extrusion, coating, converting and sale of the product for almost 7 years now.

There have been a lot of questions as to who makes what product. Let me first explain what it takes to make a product like PPF.

Urethane Extruder - usually 40-50 feet long, encased in a clean-room environment. Capital expenditure = $2-3 million for set-up. You still need 3-4 qualified engineers, with a chemistry background, to run the equipment :thumb

Coater - Our coater is 180 feet long, runs 24/7, and requires a staff of 8 to run it for each shift. The coater is state-of-the-art and costs in excess of $15,000,000 to purchase. In order to even have the ability to use a piece of equipment liek this, you MUST make a lot of products with it. You could NEVER make PPF alone, you would simply go out of business!

Raw materials - well in excess of $500k in materials PER COATING RUN. If you coat in small quanitites, the set-up cost would be astronomical.

With over 400 employees out of our Rockalnd plant (the plant is in excess of 300,000 sq.ft), I can assure you we manufacture our own product 100%.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm sure you all know that a company with annual sales of $3,000,000 and a staff of 20 odd who have never made a profit, could NEVER afford to build a plant, hire factory personnel and make their own product. :beer

Spread the truth!

It's good to be back.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest trbergman

Thanks for the info Brett, but I will have to say that you crushed my dreams for making my own PPF out of my garage and getting rich doing so. :thumb By the way, I have been happy with my first roll of Venture thus far. :beer

Guest vclimber
I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm sure you all know that a company with annual sales of $3,000,000 and a staff of 20 odd who have never made a profit, could NEVER afford to build a plant, hire factory personnel and make their own product. :thumb

A good business plan is a must as well. :beer

Guest darkdan
Nice post dude, and welcome to the site.

Its good to see honesty upfront.

:beer

I wish some of the filmakers would do the same around here :thumb

No crap, I'm getting so tired of everyone coming on here and saying, "We make our product." and then when I start asking questions they give no answers and other people get mad at me because it looks like I'm trying to start drama.

Now the real question.....who else are you extruding and coating for? =)

Also, where's your plant and is your name on the sign? =)

No crap, I'm getting so tired of everyone coming on here and saying, "We make our product." and then when I start asking questions they give no answers and other people get mad at me because it looks like I'm trying to start drama.

Now the real question.....who else are you extruding and coating for? =)

Also, where's your plant and is your name on the sign? =)

Amen Brother :thumb

Guest darkdan

Well, tonight I did "make dinner".

I didn't raise the cow, butcher it, grind it up.

I didn't raise another cow, milk it, turn the milk into cheese.

I didn't buy a piglet, feed it and care for it, and then cut off it's bacon.

But I did "make" a bacon cheeseburger tonight.

So I can understand why COATERS say they MAKE their products.

Guest haroldshouseoftint
Well, tonight I did "make dinner".

I didn't raise the cow, butcher it, grind it up.

I didn't raise another cow, milk it, turn the milk into cheese.

I didn't buy a piglet, feed it and care for it, and then cut off it's bacon.

But I did "make" a bacon cheeseburger tonight.

So I can understand why COATERS say they MAKE their products.

:beer "cut off it's bacon" :lol2:thumb

I'll bet you didn't mfg. the electricty, or gas to cook it either did you :lol2

Guest darkdan

Nope, nor did I design and build every component in my George Foreman Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine either......George must have because his name is on the box.

Archived