On Local TV today

Guest TINTEM

A night at the drive-in takes a terrible turn when a four-year-old girl is hit by a truck and the driver takes off.

It happened on Friday night at the Drive-In Movie Theatre

Four-year-old Jozlynn Reynoso and her family go there on a regular basis to have fun but they say, Friday night was anything but a good time.

"As soon as his front tire cleared his back tire did a little bump and my husband was like oh, oh my God he just hit one of the kids and I'm like don't even say that. I got out of the car and she was screaming," said Jozlynn's aunt, Theresa Kendrick.

Jozlynn had been sitting with her cousins on the ground in front of the family car.

Her aunt rushed to her side.

"All I saw right when I picked her up was blood coming out of her nose. I didn't really see anything else. I didn't know if he's run her over completely or what exactly happened and she wouldn't talk. I was like Jozlynn are you okay and she was trying to fall asleep," Kendrick said.

Little Jozlynn was treated at the hospital for a concussion and a broken nose. She also sustained a black eye and several bruises and scrapes.

Considering what could have been, the family thinks she is pretty lucky.

Her mother says the toughest part was trying to keep her emotions in check when she first saw Jozlynn.

"I tried my best not to cry because she was sleeping but I didn't want to scare her when she woke up so I tried my best not to cry and just to keep it cool," Jozlynn's mother, Monique Reynoso said.

Jozlynn's aunt hopes by sharing her story other families will be more careful and the driver of the truck will come forward.

"I just don't want it to happen again that's all. I don't want to sit there and blame him completely because obviously we need to be more cautious too," said Kendrick.

It is not clear if the driver of the truck even knew he hit Jozlynn.

Police are not treating this as an intentional hit and run but they would like to talk to the guy.

If you have any information about the driver of a white pick-up truck with a king cab and black tinted windows, please contact the Police Department

The driver is described as a white man, about 30-years-old with a tattoo on his right arm.

Thank god she is ok other that what did happen

Another reason not to have Dark TINT

Guest haroldshouseoftint

:evilgrin Sad story, but how do they know the driver had a tattoo on his right arm? was this in Europe? and if so, and his windows were dark, how'd they see a tattoo :evilgrin

Glad she's OK, but just makes me wonder sometimes about the media, and how things get reported

Archived