2008 z06 vette

Guest tintgod

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Josh @ Proform

Using what film? Is it a hand cut or a pre-cut kit? If pre-cut, which design company?

Using our designs we can do one in about an hour and a half (24 inches on the hood fender kit and wheel well to wheel well on the bumper).

But, we have had a couple clients drive hours to get to our shop because their local installer said the bumper was impossible to do. :spit

It's basically the same as any other Corvette,the options are pretty easy, but the mirrors are tricky. I haven't installed full fenders so I don't know how that is.

Full front install with all options about $2500 :beer

Guest tintgod
Using what film? Is it a hand cut or a pre-cut kit? If pre-cut, which design company?

Using our designs we can do one in about an hour and a half (24 inches on the hood fender kit and wheel well to wheel well on the bumper).

But, we have had a couple clients drive hours to get to our shop because their local installer said the bumper was impossible to do. :beer

more then likely it will be a venture product...with venture pattern.

are you talking a full hood? or 24" ...im talking full hood full fender. and bumper

Guest tintgod
It's basically the same as any other Corvette,the options are pretty easy, but the mirrors are tricky. I haven't installed full fenders so I don't know how that is.

Full front install with all options about $2500 :beer

thanks for the feed back marco...I guess I will be a learner for me..I know I can do it..was just looking for some feed back on it.. :lol

Guest kccartint

The whole car is pretty easy. The full hood is cake. You lay the film down and tack it then lift it up and do it all upright to make things easy. Full fenders lay real nice on them as well. Nice smooth curves to work with. The price marco mentioned above is pretty much right on.

Guest Josh @ Proform
how difficult is a full hood,fender, bumper,mirror and option package going to be...and what would be the average price for something like that?..doing a kit.

Late night posting...gets me all the time.

Full hood and fenders, as mentioned should not be that difficult. Using our design start at the back of the fender nearest the door, then stretch forward to the headlight. The full hood is pretty straight forward. If it is the 48 inch full hood, which has small triangles to in the top corners, start by tacking and aligning the triangles first, then align and tack the large hood to the triangles, stretch down to the bumper and tack.

For the Proform bumper you can use the below Proform installation how-to for the regular vet, the only difference is you have to align and tack the symbol/scoop area after step 4.

If you are using a design from a different company this installation how-to diagram may not work. Most other designs with the intention of starting at the center. The problem with starting at the center is by doing so you have greatly reduced to amount of stretchable material, which greatly increases the likelihood of stretch marks and damage to the adhesive (very noticable on flatter films).

ProformVettBaseLowerinstall.jpg

Guest tintgod
Late night posting...gets me all the time.

Full hood and fenders, as mentioned should not be that difficult. Using our design start at the back of the fender nearest the door, then stretch forward to the headlight. The full hood is pretty straight forward. If it is the 48 inch full hood, which has small triangles to in the top corners, start by tacking and aligning the triangles first, then align and tack the large hood to the triangles, stretch down to the bumper and tack.

For the Proform bumper you can use the below Proform installation how-to for the regular vet, the only difference is you have to align and tack the symbol/scoop area after step 4.

If you are using a design from a different company this installation how-to diagram may not work. Most other designs with the intention of starting at the center. The problem with starting at the center is by doing so you have greatly reduced to amount of stretchable material, which greatly increases the likelihood of stretch marks and damage to the adhesive (very noticable on flatter films).

ProformVettBaseLowerinstall.jpg

that is what im talking about :beer ..thanks man...I appreciate that. :lol

Archived