2008 z06 vette

Guest tintgod

Guest Josh @ Proform
I like that price... :lol

Yea the only difference between the Z06 and the base model is the Z06 has a black moulding on the front wheel wells...I unscrew em and tape em back to the rim...that way I can wrap the edge. With a kit you dont need to do that. :beer

Good luck....take your time.

:twocents

Not to be picky, but the fenders are actually wider. A regular c6 fender (full or basic coverage) will not fit the Z06. Probably does not matter much for hand cutting, but should someone try to interchange the pre-cut kits they would be in for a rude awakening.

For both the Z06 and C6 full fenders (Proform designs), start by tacking the rear edge closest to the door, and all the film down around the air vent , then stretching forward to the light. They are really not difficult once you get use to starting in the back and using a good design.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintgod
Not to be picky, but the fenders are actually wider. A regular c6 fender (full or basic coverage) will not fit the Z06. Probably does not matter much for hand cutting, but should someone try to interchange the pre-cut kits they would be in for a rude awakening.

For both the Z06 and C6 full fenders (Proform designs), start by tacking the rear edge closest to the door, and all the film down around the air vent , then stretching forward to the light. They are really not difficult once you get use to starting in the back and using a good design.

thanks guys..I appreciate the feed back and the tips.. :lol

it was the first on I price out at doing the full hood and the full fenders with all the bells n whistles...I priced it out at 1900..and it was one of those guys that jumped at the price.. :twocents:lol ..but now I know I will probably price it a little higher next time.. :beer

Guest tintgod
took ya long enough :rollin:lol2:lol2:rollin

Looks good, so did Marco hook it up? :beer:lol2

yeah...took long enough for the guy to get me his car.. :thumb ..got it yesterday and worked on it for I would say 4 hours actual working time..full hood wrapped, full fenders, bumper,mirrors,and rocker panels..it came out rather well I think.. :rollin

I was going to call yesterday to see how it went. Sorry about not weeding it, it's a habit of mine. I use the extra film in case I screw up a piece or save it for rocker panels. It looks awesome :rollin

Guest tintgod
I was going to call yesterday to see how it went. Sorry about not weeding it, it's a habit of mine. I use the extra film in case I screw up a piece or save it for rocker panels. It looks awesome :rollin

thanks for the help marco and yes..as you can see I got it weeded..it took some time..but got it done.. :rollin the first fender was a challenging for sure..the second went easier once I figured out where to start from. other then those and the bumper..every think went smooth.

I want to thank MARCO for the help on a few of the patterns..and also my good friends up at Autoshades (JUSTIN and CANDICE) in washington state..thanks guys...couldnt have done it without your help :rollin

Guest haroldshouseoftint

So now we need Marco's head shot, so he can be the PPF fairy :rollin:thumb

:beer it's nice that most of the people in our little "community" here help each other out :rollin:rollin

Archived