BMW Mini Cooper

magictinter

Guest goldtooth
no problem. Get a car in ther, maybe your own and see what you can do. I think you be suprised to find a lot of cars arnt too bad leaving the panals on and seals in place.

:spit it sometimes help to use a little more "slip"in your solution :poke

Hey magictinter I use to use the pick to get my hard card into a tight seal. What I do now is check before I install if the seal is too tight to get the card in

then I roll the window all the way down and use a push stick and a strip of two inch tape and tape the seal back to the panel. I usually do this on the left and right side. this makes it easier for me to tuck the film. Its all about time because I dont like using alot of slip. I think if you use alot of slip and shift too much more chance of get contamination.

Guest naughtydog

I'll help...her goes.

Remove the red reflector piece on the trailing edge of the door panel, it's high up, there is a torque screw there.

Unclip the plastic shiny trim around the door release.

There are then 2 bigger torques screws in the door, in the grab handle from memory. Then you can pop the top pf the panel back , the rub rail also connects to the edge of the door, remove the 2 push in bungs from here and then pull out the seal.

Make sure you trick the latch, tint the window, file the edges and then insert the rub rail, DO NOT drop the window down with the rub rail removed as the film will get scratched.

This as for all models except the very latest ones just released...they have changed the panels on these.

ND

Archived