Just another day in Vegas

Guest Josh @ Proform

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest PROFORM MIKE

We use Avery Dennison for all of our installations. :lol6 If you are interested in trying a sample, you can contact me directly at (702) 416-2077. If you have a particular car you know you have coming in, let me know and I will cut the kit on the film so you can try both our designs AND our film! :lol6

Guest Josh @ Proform
We use Avery Dennison for all of our installations. :lol2 If you are interested in trying a sample, you can contact me directly at (702) 416-2077. If you have a particular car you know you have coming in, let me know and I will cut the kit on the film so you can try both our designs AND our film! :evilgrin

To be more specific all "these" installations were done in Avery at our Vegas location in cooperation with Pro-Tect Film Distributing. Rob, at our Maryland office, uses 3M for all his Proform installations.

good work guys!

im always impressed with that kind of work.

what film is it that you use Josh?

Good question and very good answer. I have seen the film installed on a car in my shop for tint service.. the client had the PPF done else where in Avery and it looked perfect... I was inpressed with the nominal OP. for a clear coated PPF. ....I'm most impressed because the Avery film was kit installed by a known car wash/tint hacker in my region........ Is the Avery Bulk friendly? or better for pre cutters.

Guest Josh @ Proform
Good question and very good answer. I have seen the film installed on a car in my shop for tint service.. the client had the PPF done else where in Avery and it looked perfect... I was inpressed with the nominal OP. for a clear coated PPF. ....I'm most impressed because the Avery film was kit installed by a known car wash/tint hacker in my region........ Is the Avery Bulk friendly? or better for pre cutters.

I would recommend pre-cut kits over hand cutting for most films, but Avery a little more so. There are some successful hand-cutters using Avery but compared to other films Avery is more difficult to cut. Unlike other coated films where the bulk of the films tinsel strength appears to lay within the coating, Avery film’s strength actually resides in the urethane itself. This good because Avery resists piercing better than most other brands of PPF but the down side is you really have to make sure you cut the film (and not the paint) in order to get a clean line when removing access film (we often recommend higher pressure settings for plotters and a few folks choose to plotter blades with as steeper blade angel meant for thicker films). To the contrary, for other coated films a simple scoring of the coat is enough to ensure clean lines when removing access film, a good characteristic for hand cutting but may contribute to incidences of piercing sometimes reported.

Mike can answer any questions you have concerning Avery, here is phone copied from above: (702) 416-2077

Guest Josh @ Proform

We been pretty busy and have not been taking as many photos as we would like but here are a few of our more recent installs:

2007 Hummer H2 SUT: Full hood, Full fenders, mirrors, bumper, skid plate (hand cut do to weak paint), lower doors, fender flares, headlights and rear splash guards

2008 Cayman S: Standard 24 inch upper (hood, fender and mirrors, headlights and bumper:

2003 Mercedes Benz S600 Lorinser: Bumper only.

Archived