2008 STI

Guest 27tint4

Guest 27tint4

just finished up the '08 sti. real nice ride. pc. of cake to tint. be careful with yer gun tho...the outer door sills are tender. the rear view mirror has 3 screws. the lower 2 (black) remove mounting hardware from the screen. (silverr one just holds the mirror clasp) be careful after you remove the 2 screws, that big hunk of steel wants to fall and scratch that purty shift knob. lmao...have a good time tinting this one.

Guest 27tint4

yeah...the windows are framed but theres lots of room to play with. the back glass is a hatch. the spoiler kinda gets in the way shaping, so I take a pc. of liner and trace a pattern w/white pencil. when I'm shaping, I move most of the shrink to the bottom and finish up what's left over after the install.

really cool car though...except the 40K tag.

Guest Tintim

One thing to watch out for on these cars is the window switch surround - they are painted with some very cheap azz paint. If you use don not open tape over the switches - when removed the paint comes with it - be warned.

Guest scottydosnntkno
how did you guys get around the rear spoiler?

he just said above. use a liner to trace the pattern so when you go to cut it you can get it right. and put as much shrink as you can on the bottom half, so you can get the last little bit on top by using a flattener nozzleon your heat gun to get under the spoiler, and a slammer to smooth it down.

Archived