Just got back from a trip to China and Hong Kong

Guest Litespeeds

Guest Litespeeds

Happy New Year everyone!

I just got back the other day from a trip to Asia. We flew into Hong Kong and then took a 3.5 hour drive into China where I visited my parents village in the city of Taishan. On my way through China, I swear that 95+% of the cars are all tinted and some even had the windshield tinted. Most of the vehicles had a full metallic film. When I got back into Hong Kong, I did not see a single car with window tint. I guess it is illegal to have tint in HK. Can anyone confirm this?

What's surprising is I asked a local how much it costs to tint a car in China and they told me it ranges between $1500 to $3000 RMB which translates to about $200-$400 USD. With the ultra low cost of living there, even those tinters are not giving the tint away like some of the people in the US. Maybe it is time to start a new business venture in China.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Key West
I highly doubt the price you were told, take away 1 zero and it's more realistic ($20-$40), trust me, that's the going rate in the 3rd world...

China is hardly 3rd world. There are parts to be sure, but like the former Soviet Union, they gits money in them thar cities. Haiti is 3rd world. The Guajira is 3rd world (Or was last time I was there). We here in the Americas seem to forget that on that side of the world, they've been around ALOT longer than we have.

China is growing at a much faster rate than American in terms of their economy. Investing anything into it would more than likely give a better return than invested here in the US of A.

How was the trip? Traveling is such a blast, especially when its somewhere that has meaning to you.

I highly doubt the price you were told, take away 1 zero and it's more realistic ($20-$40), trust me, that's the going rate in the 3rd world...

Litedude is for real. There is a high end market in Taiwan/China. They are big on the Platinum Plus films. I have Asian following in N.Y. that does not haggle with price. These custy's only drive European autos.I hope they pick up on 3M Crystalline film. They are potential $4.00 sq.ft plus film customers that are not interested in .10 cent films. The population of 1.3 billion has got some bright spots and film for every income level.

Guest Key West
That might be true for a VERY small number of people, the vast mayority in countries that don't have tint laws don't pay more than $50 at MOST.

It's kinda like you said about Japan. How far will $50 go in those countries? In Bolivia, for example, at the current exchange rate (of .14 cents US = 1 BOB (Boliviano), that $50 US is 700 Bolivianos. Considering that the average per capita GDP in Bolivia is around $1,125 US, that $50 tint job is still pretty pricey. But you're right, not too many campesinos getting thier windows tinted. Or even have cars for that matter!

Archived