Droppin tools

Do you retrieve or leave?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. You drop a hard card/sgueegee down into the door of a car do you?

• Dat mug is now part of that car
    • Panels commin off to fish it out
    • If it rattles its removed
    • Depends, is it 5:00 on Friday?
  2. 2. You drop a razor blade down into the door panel

• You didnt see that
    • AGh fug, its commin out

I was sitting wondering this while removing the door panel of a new Dodge ram because I dropped my squeegee down into the door panel. It was the 3rd car for the evening and it was late (12:30ish). I also have a ton of the black squeegees, still I removed the bastard and went on with life. :thumb

I have left something in a panel before, cant remember what but I know I'm not perfect so I'm sure I have. :rollin

I once HAD to retrieve my hard card cause it was my only one! That was at my 1st tinting job, with minimal supplies.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If it doesn't belong in the door, I pull it out...

Most of the time the panels are already off anyway....

I found a few slimjims that way.....

I found french fries, in the door panel of a truck with 10k miles. Its a dealer demo so someone is a lil piggy at the dealership. Usually its just crayons, although I always notice panels missing fasteners when they are commin out.

Most panels are off with me too, cept the dreamy ones that just need to be "popped at the top"

Guest haroldshouseoftint

:rollin only tool I'll retrieve, (or have retrieved) was a sideswiper.

blades, yellow turbos, hardcards :thumb They paid for it, they own it....... they just don't know it :thumb:thumb:thumb

Guest Key West
I was sitting wondering this while removing the door panel of a new Dodge ram because I dropped my squeegee down into the door panel. It was the 3rd car for the evening and it was late (12:30ish). I also have a ton of the black squeegees, still I removed the bastard and went on with life. :lol2

I have left something in a panel before, cant remember what but I know I'm not perfect so I'm sure I have. :thumb

I once HAD to retrieve my hard card cause it was my only one! That was at my 1st tinting job, with minimal supplies.

I installed keyless entry on an mx-6 a while back. Had to put an actuator in the drivers door (Duh). Everything was fine, custy was happy. Next day, I went looking for my robogrip pliers. They are nowhere to be found. I accused my installer of not putting %&$# back, and was pissed. (He almost never puts %&$# back when he uses something) Almost fired his ass, anyway.

6 MONTHS go by, and I get a call from the custy. Seems that she thinks the actuator fell off and is now rattling. I laughed and told her to bring it in.

She arrives and I pulled the panel. Lo and behold.........My long lost robogrip pliers are flosting around in the panel :thumb:bat:bat:bat

Hard cards, razor blades etc become a part of the car if they fall into the door. I don't pull many door panels, and they most likely won't rattle or cause an issue. :rollin

I am trying to get my mind around just exactly how french fries or crayolas get down there. :thumb You pretty much gotta TRY to get them inside the door panel. We DID find some pretty cool stuff in a compartment in the door panel of a car a buddy of mine bought at a DEA auction though.......... :bat:lol2:thumb

Archived