ml-280 08 front winders

Guest audiofeen

Guest audiofeen

hey guys

I'm new to the forum. just wonderring if anyone had tinted a ml-280 and if they know any issues with it.

also is it easy to remove the door trims on the front winders..

any help would be much apprecated.

regards mike

Guest tintingbytami
hey guys

I'm new to the forum. just wonderring if anyone had tinted a ml-280 and if they know any issues with it.

also is it easy to remove the door trims on the front winders..

any help would be much apprecated.

regards mike

did one had no problems

Guest audiofeen

well had my first go at removing the door trim AND had a problem popping out the door handle to remove the last screw behind it and coulndn't remove the pannel without doing damage

to the trim and prob handle at same time.. so just tried it tucking the tint inside the rubber trim (still getting fingers come from the bottom up and have a little contamination) not to happy with the result so I'll do it again on monday....

if anyone knows where to find door trim scematics for this vechile or has removed them would appreceate a post or p.m.

thanks mike

Guest audiofeen

just spoke to the dealer and got them to remove the trims for me.

n.b. I'M putting this up as a warning to anyone that thinks they can remove them without experence in that particular vechile (or propper training )

there are a lot more leads and conrtols than the average vechile with power windows, some of the leads for the controls are very delicate behind the trim

the dealer said with this model that we should not attempt to remove the pannels ourselves, so just a warning to all to be very carfull removing them.

regards mike

I did an 2007 ml a few weeks ago I just couldnt get the panels off,theres apparantley a screw behind the memory seat switch but like u said I was afraid of doing damage I just couldnt get it out so I tinted with panels in place it was difficult getting film down behind rubber seal,I used lots of slip and I got a little contamination,overall I was not that happy with it,custy seemed pleased though,just my 2 cents

Guest tintingbytami
hey tintingbytami

did you remove the trim or did you just feed it inside the bottom seal?

thanks mike

I never remove panels never had to thats just me

HEAT SHRINK TINT AT BOTTOM BEFORE INSTALLING IT SO U DONT GET FINGERS. WAY EASIER THAN REMOVNG PANELS.

bingo

Guest audiofeen
I did an 2007 ml a few weeks ago I just couldnt get the panels off,theres apparantley a screw behind the memory seat switch but like u said I was afraid of doing damage I just couldnt get it out so I tinted with panels in place it was difficult getting film down behind rubber seal,I used lots of slip and I got a little contamination,overall I was not that happy with it,custy seemed pleased though,just my 2 cents

yeah same with the one I did today had a bit of contamination beacuse of the messing with the ruber at the bottom. id rather not have to remove pannels just had a few custy's come in next day (if your lucky they don't leave it a week ) with fingers that came up the next morning.

QUOTE (TINTAMAN @ Jan 18 2008, 09:18 AM) [*]581196HEAT SHRINK TINT AT BOTTOM BEFORE INSTALLING IT SO U DONT GET FINGERS. WAY EASIER THAN REMOVNG PANELS.

yeah I have heard of a few people doing that, any tips on it tintman?

thanks mike

Archived