ml-280 08 front winders

Guest audiofeen

Guest Bladez

On this car (front door)there is a T30 torx screw behind the little plastic airbag blank, and there is also one behind the electric window switch.

On the switch itself , between the up button and the down button there is a very small plastic strip only about 3mm thick, this needs to be carefully eased out from both sides (lil chizler works) this then releases the switch. With these two torx screws removed the rub strip can be slid out.

Another piece of over engineered Mercedes joy :thumb

Guest Texasvdubz

I also never remove door panels unless it is a LAST resort. I pretty much heat shrink every side window using the wet shrink method. Once you have the window cut, position the film on the window so that the longest edge and bottom edge are on the glass about half an inch from the edges. You have to know which way you have cut the film to determine which edge you will shrink on. Usually it is the bottom edge. Spray the glass, position the film like I said to and squeegee the top edge first following the rim of the window. Careful not to crease the film. Then squeegee each edge down. your film will start to come together in the middle. Squeegee from the top down untill the film is all squeegeed to the glass and you will have fingers at the bottom. It saves SO much time on install. I hardly ever have fingers to heat down and there is almost never trash in my tint. BE CAREFUL on laminated glass. Dont heat too much on the sides because the could crack. Umm so I think thats it on heating the side windows. It saves time and makes for a cleaner job! :dunno

Archived