we've all talked about rear window dots,

in the past few days I have had to take the front visor off of two cars because of the dots around the mirror. I know what everyone does on the rear dots, but what is the cure for the front ones. im afraid to sand. im dont have a clue what vynil would look like, im guessing :poke . dont know how you would get glue in there without screwing the rest of the film up. any ideas? I really hate charging someone for a visor, although I try to explain to them what it will look like, but most of the time they still want it. then after they see it for themselves they hate it. ive thought about taking a before and after picture, having it blowed up ad hung on my wall. :lol:lol:lol

Guest tinterjim

I've only had a few people say anything about the winshield matrix after install. I explain as you do, if the custy don't like it in the end I'll rip it off, but most say they can live with it. I also tell them to wait a few days then take a paper towel, ball it up and push it out themselves. After the water evaporates the glue will stick in there, not perfect, but a hell of alot better than usual.

Guest allprotinter

I don't usually have a problem. Just explain how it will turn out. My cysty's know I'm doing my best to make everything look right. I don't like the look of cutting the dots out.

I don't usually have a problem. Just explain how it will turn out. My cysty's know I'm doing my best to make everything look right. I don't like the look of cutting the dots out.

customer pre-warned always :ohcrap

IMO visor strips are for function moreso than looks...

If it blocks the glare then they are satisfied, I always explain it to them before install...

Just don't take it to moorehead city to have it inspected...... :ohcrap

:dunno

Guest thatsnappyguy
for the visors I dont even tinting those dots at all, I just cut around the dots, so usally itsd turns out I have one piece for the driver side and one piece for the passenger side. try it, it looks just fine.

dude...sorry but thats ghetto. that would not fly at my place. nor would I try to convince a customer that it looks good, or I could not do better.

here is what I do...and u can try it at home....or the shop if your not a hack :beer

1. after the visor is cut and ready, remember not to fvck it up by cuttin the dots off...thats just ghetto...your better than that.

2. squegee window dry as always..

3. b4 you wet r down again....DO THE GLUE! apply the lil bead as we know of to the bottom of the dots.

4. now wet r down but not the dots or the glue. remember that the glue is washable and will ruin its "glueness."

5. wet the film and all but try not to get alot in the middle where the dots are gonna be.

6. install visor, not touching the dotted part. after it is all down, take perferred card of interest and push that glue out just like a back glass.

this is what I do at work every day. it works. I have very happy customers and I never have comebacks. I may be a lil new to the game compared to some of the other guys here, but I would never,ever think about cutting them dots off. I hope that this helps some of you. :beer

Archived