BMW E46 Convertible

jj

My BMW dealership is convinced that E46 Convertible's make noise if you tint right up to the top edge of the glass, they make me cut a massive gap along the top and side edge so as the tint wont touch the rubber seal when the door is closed.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Guest tintgod

I have never heard of that..get some silicon spray and spray it on the rubber,and tint do one window and see if it make a difference...the silicon spray will give the film a slickness to it so it wont grab on the rubber and wont squeak :rollin

I have never heard of that..get some silicon spray and spray it on the rubber,and tint do one window and see if it make a difference...the silicon spray will give the film a slickness to it so it wont grab on the rubber and wont squeak :lol2

thanks fella I will give that a go..... :beer

Guest sdtints

Hi there , Yes I have come across this before and it is because of the tint. You need to use some of the felt you would use for some drop glass rubbers to stop the tint scratching. Line the convertible roof where it comes down to meet the windows . Front drop and little quarter. This will sort it right out .

Scott

Guest Talisha Gina

E46 compact was the first to be replaced when 1 Series was launched in September 2004. In mid-2005 the E46 sedans were phased out with the introduction of the new E90 saloons. The E46 touring was also replaced later that year with E91. The E46 remained in production as coupé, convertible and M3 until the E92 coupé and E93 convertible was revealed in late 2006.

Guest shadowline
E46 compact was the first to be replaced when 1 Series was launched in September 2004. In mid-2005 the E46 sedans were phased out with the introduction of the new E90 saloons. The E46 touring was also replaced later that year with E91. The E46 remained in production as coupé, convertible and M3 until the E92 coupé and E93 convertible was revealed in late 2006.

Errr WTF the E30 was replaced by the E36 and the point is????????

Errr WTF the E30 was replaced by the E36 and the point is????????

I think this was a spammer, they posted similarly in a couple other topics. There were no links in the posts but they had a link to a limo company in their signature, so I removed the link and let the post stand, if they come back and spam, then I'll yanks their posts and ban the account.

Archived