scrap rack

That is a neat trick! I've always rolled mine up and put a small piece of tape to fasten and marked what percentage and how wide and how long and stored them in their corresponding hole in my Coca-Cola wooden bottle case. I like your idea also. :rimshot:rollin

shoot yeah TNTlady, the coke create is cool.

texastintchick, sorry im no good at explaining things, really im not. but no we didint use any washers. we just used the flooring that we had laying around and screwed them to the wall. that will give you a 1/2" spacing off of the wall. if you look real close its the piece of wood that has 5% marked on it. the other two have 15% and 35%. also before we hang them up we write on them the length, the width, and the car or truck it was leftover from for quick reference. then all you have to do is measure the windshield that the visor is going on and then find one on the rack that corresponds with that measurement

Guest General Sun Shield
o.k. im gonna give this tip of the week a shot. if you cant find anywhere to put your tint scraps that you can use for front visors. you can do what we did. we did this because we really thought that the toilet paper rolls was a good concept but wasnt really user friendly to us. to each his own. anyway we took six pieces of 1/2" thick by 3" wide by 6" tall pieces of hardwood flooring and mounted them to the wall with each two spaced at 24" and then we screwed empty tint tubes to them. this allows you to hang the tint stripes over them. pic is not the best but it gives somewhat of an idea. maybe it can help someone.

DSC00008.jpg

Looks good dude.

I've got a spin-off to your scrap rack. Today I cut a 36" roll into 3 equal lengths and screwed the to the wall, now I roll up the tint(scrap peices) for the winshield visors and stick 'em inside :thumb This way they are dust free and the right size to cut down for the visors :poop

Guest willie
I've got a spin-off to your scrap rack. Today I cut a 36" roll into 3 equal lengths and screwed the to the wall, now I roll up the tint(scrap peices) for the winshield visors and stick 'em inside :thumb This way they are dust free and the right size to cut down for the visors :poop

Sounds good, make sure they are dry before you roll them up and put them in :thumb

Sounds good, make sure they are dry before you roll them up and put them in :thumb

Sure thing :poop:beer

Guest Tintbds
I roll mine up and put a small piece of tape on it and put them in a empty film box so they dont get damaged :thumb

Like Willie I do also but in a toolbox. very good tip by the way :gasp

Archived