08 Civic Coupe

TintWizard

Just realized I haven't done a coupe yet ..just lots of sedans.

Anything to know? is there a matrix on top of the back glass ? brake light removable ? panels easy ?

Guest thatsnappyguy

oh damn...theres that ghetto ass vinyl trick again....listen people, I know most of you been tinting since like 1975 and all but the techiques have changed since then...what was good then, is old school now. get the glue man, yes I know that the hondas are hard to glue since the dots are smaller, :dunno ....but I nice thicker beed and less pressure pushing it out will do the trick...yea its gonna be a lil wavy from the interior view, but at least its not gonna be just coverd. save the vinyl for the sign makers.

oh damn...theres that ghetto ass vinyl trick again....listen people, I know most of you been tinting since like 1975 and all but the techiques have changed since then...what was good then, is old school now. get the glue man, yes I know that the hondas are hard to glue since the dots are smaller, :dunno ....but I nice thicker beed and less pressure pushing it out will do the trick...yea its gonna be a lil wavy from the interior view, but at least its not gonna be just coverd. save the vinyl for the sign makers.

have you done the 08 civic with glue? :thumb

I used alenes on it ant it wouldnt stick especially on the edges where the dots get closer together.

oh damn...theres that ghetto ass vinyl trick again....listen people, I know most of you been tinting since like 1975 and all but the techiques have changed since then...what was good then, is old school now. get the glue man, yes I know that the hondas are hard to glue since the dots are smaller, :thumb ....but I nice thicker beed and less pressure pushing it out will do the trick...yea its gonna be a lil wavy from the interior view, but at least its not gonna be just coverd. save the vinyl for the sign makers.

have you done the 08 civic with glue? :dunno

I used alenes on it ant it wouldnt stick especially on the edges where the dots get closer together.

zactly.....could you put up a pic "snappy"? id love to see it.

the matrix area is not as wide as the accord coupe...so therefore, glue method here is not necessary. Just shrink and lay the tint on the back glass first...then tint the sides as usual, then blue max and squeegee w/cloth on the back glass matrix area, will lay down fine.

Panel removal is real easy too on the civic coupe....only 4 screws and your done.

Guest thatsnappyguy

have you done the 08 civic with glue? :thumb

zactly.....could you put up a pic "snappy"? id love to see it.

ok, next one I get I will take a pic.. then what? do I get a prize or something?

Guest geauxkw

I get the luck of doing my first 08 civic coupe tonight. actually get to do 2 back to back. apparently according to yal on here, it shouldnt be a problem? Im off to do it. :rollin

Archived