1999 Subaru Impreza

Guest Dentless Dave

Guest Dentless Dave

Got a request for one today. I've never done tinting on any Subbie. How bad are the 99 back windows?

Easy like a Fusion or a PITA like the Mazda 6's?

dave.

Guest tintgod
Got a request for one today. I've never done tinting on any Subbie. How bad are the 99 back windows?

Easy like a Fusion or a PITA like the Mazda 6's?

dave.

what kinda experience do you have.?it will all depend on that.

Guest Dentless Dave

I've been tinting for around 2 years....and really I haven't ventured out to do too many cars that I'm not familiar with. I've done every Ford from 2000 + though... :evileye

dave.

Guest tintgod
I've been tinting for around 2 years....and really I haven't ventured out to do too many cars that I'm not familiar with. I've done every Ford from 2000 + though... :shock

dave.

you shouldnt have a problem with it then. :evileye

Guest Dentless Dave

Ok, guys. I got it completed in the first try yesterday evening. It wasn't too bad, but it did try to pinch and crease on one of the last fingers. Luckily, I was patient and got it to lay down right.

It pushed my novice skills a little bit, but I'm glad I got it. The guy was super happy and best yet, I not only made a few $$ for tinting, I made a few $$ for pushing out a dent on his other car. (I'm a PDR guy also).

It was a good sunday!

dave.

Guest SouthWestTinting

Hi guys, I know this is a really old thread but I am new to the forum and have been having troubles with this car!had it in this morning and tried to do the rear window several times without any joy. Have only been tinting for about 3 months and this is by far the hardest I have come across. When shrinking there seems to be an excessive amount of film at the top corners that is hard to split in to multiple fingers due to the way the film pulls around the corners. Eventually got the shrink right and managed to get it inside, top half goes effortlessly but cant help getting creases in the bottom corners!As Dave said in this thread it really pushes the noob skills lol. Has anyone got anymore advice, like is it easier to take out the shelf to get more room to play with? Thanks in advance

Archived