1999 Subaru Impreza

Guest Dentless Dave

Guest SouthWestTinting

Have been using the dry shrink method with solargaurd film, the scooby is the classic shape 4dr. It may be easy for experienced tinters but I am still learning and only on my 7th full tint!!

Guest shadowline

Did one of these on saturday, he had 6x9 speakers on the back shelf very close to the glass so I pulled the rear shelf on that one. Easy to do 2 bolts to take the rear bench seat out, three bolts to take the back upright part of the seat out. Pull the rear shelf back out the way. If it has the rear wiper 3 bolts in the boot, take the wiper arm off, undo the big nut then its out the way totally and makes it easier all round. Hope that helps

Guest SouthWestTinting

Thanks for the quick reply, I was upfront with the guy and offered to pay his fuel for the wasted time. He was fine and is letting me have another go this weekend, going to bug me till I get it right! He is going to drop it off with the seats and shelf out as he has been toying with the car anyway. Most of the problems were in the bottom corners as the access isn't brilliant so this should help. Hope so because it was a real confidence knock after 3months of successful tinting =)

Guest SouthWestTinting

Yeah reverse rolling it to get it in didn't seem to bad, think I just need to work more water out the bottom with hands before squeegying which will be easier with more room to get in, think this may be why I was getting the creases.

These rear screens on the Impreza and very curved and downunder I would have lost count on how many of either had to retint or strip off due to the film "giving up the ghost." Films from all walks of life!

The film wants to revert back to its original shape and many a screen I've seen with 10" fingers let go from the centre into the middle. :lol:lol

If you have to do them in one, then relief cut the finger on the sides which should stop it from popping later down the track.

Devil

Archived