Body Shop Friendly?

Guest socalkid

Guest socalkid

Not sure if you guys ever done jobs at body shops but I was doing a Lexus GS 430 that got into a fender bender and needed the bumper piece replaced and I was using goo gone to get some of the left over adhesive off and this body guy started freaking out and asking me if the goo gone was body shop friendly. He grabbed the bottle from me and stared at the label for about 5 minutes. Well he couldn't figure it out but he gave me a few ounces of wax degreaser which worked out pretty good. I swear this dude was about to get the beatin of his life if he didn't have a substitute. He rambled on about certain chemicals clashing ( via airborne) and causing fish eyes and pits in fresh paint. I've used goo gone a few times in the same body shop as well as others and this is the first time anyones ever brought this to my attention. FYI

What kind of reaction would you have if the homeowner started vacuming as you were installing tint or if a customer started vacuming their car while you were tinting it....You would probably freak out too. Gotta respect a persons garage. I do agree though he could of used a little more tact with you.

What kind of reaction would you have if the homeowner started vacuming as you were installing tint or if a customer started vacuming their car while you were tinting it....You would probably freak out too. Gotta respect a persons garage. I do agree though he could of used a little more tact with you.

Right on... You gotta respect the mans home base....

Working around a bodyshop, you need to know whats what or you can screw up thousands of dollars worth of work in less than a minute.... :dunno

You guys should read the MSDS sheets on these chemicals and products you use....

You never know whats in them, they can be toxic, corrosive, flammable, you guys got to read them shiz mang..... :dunno

Guest darkdan

It's true certain things can, I don't know about goo gone. The problem is it's very oily though.

I'd recommend sticking with things like general purpose adhesive remover and naptha.

Guest socalkid

I absolutely agree in defending the home especially with a few million sitting at this hi end shop. So the wax degreaser worked out great and the shop manager filled my empty 1 liter bottle of Aquafina to take. So no probs with the shop but it was pretty funny how it first started out. Thank God for liability insurance incase anything could have happened. :dunno

Archived