Warning For Illegal Windows

BIG E

Guest clint4883

I have to say I agree completely with what you are saying. I tried to say the samething in a different post but I got a bunch of crap about it. to the point I was called a jachazz and an idiot. go check it out. consumer questions and "how dark is 5% suppose to be". the way I see it as long as I pay MY truck note and MY insurance and I can see out ok then it is really no one elses business. I don't know about where yall are but in texas we have drive through beer stores, you mean to tell me that they are stupid enough to believe that they're not people that drive through and don't pop the top on one while they are driving home. I don't see them fining beer stores and trying to send them to jail for murder when an idiot is drunk and driving and hit someone.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have to say I agree completely with what you are saying. I tried to say the samething in a different post but I got a bunch of crap about it. to the point I was called a jachazz and an idiot. go check it out. consumer questions and "how dark is 5% suppose to be". the way I see it as long as I pay MY truck note and MY insurance and I can see out ok then it is really no one elses business. I don't know about where yall are but in texas we have drive through beer stores, you mean to tell me that they are stupid enough to believe that they're not people that drive through and don't pop the top on one while they are driving home. I don't see them fining beer stores and trying to send them to jail for murder when an idiot is drunk and driving and hit someone.

Start reading the papers dude. There busting bartenders all over the place up here in the DFW Texas for serving annebriated and drunk drivers that get busted.

You guys just dont get it :thumb

Guest thatsnappyguy

Start reading the papers dude. There busting bartenders all over the place up here in the DFW Texas for serving annebriated and drunk drivers that get busted.

You guys just dont get it :eyebrows

what??? bust a bartender for serving alcohol!!! thats his/her main responsibility on the job. the alcohol sells itself, the bartender just serves it. I know hat they shouldnt serve crazy drunks at some point...but this is just crazy.. its just like when a cop goes to jail for shooting a perp... off subject I know..sorry..just amazed at the bartender thing. no one can do thier job anymore. if u dont do your job, your fired...if u do your job, your arrested.

You guys just dont get it :eyebrows

what??? bust a bartender for serving alcohol!!! thats his/her main responsibility on the job. the alcohol sells itself, the bartender just serves it. I know hat they shouldnt serve crazy drunks at some point...but this is just crazy.. its just like when a cop goes to jail for shooting a perp... off subject I know..sorry..just amazed at the bartender thing. no one can do thier job anymore. if u dont do your job, your fired...if u do your job, your arrested.

I agree Snappy, but just making a point. Theres a intoxicated manslaughter trial going on right now in our county where the district attorney is trying to get the grand jury to indict the bartender to. The mans family is also suing the bar and the bartender. May not win, but its still his neck on the line.

Guest clint4883

I can understand not serving a person who is obviously drunk and stumbling but you know there are people that drink 3 or 4 and have no visual affects and how can the bartender tell those people no? these same people have wrecks and kill people. this country has gotten to the point were everyone wants to blame someone else for their mistakes. everyone is suing someone for some stupid reason. imo I think that it is the lawyers that have caused this problem. I think it should illegal for them to advertise on tv about how they got some random person 2 million dollars cause they were in a fender bender. like I said this imo. sorry I got off the subject.

Guest Key West
you know why is it such an issue as long as you roll all your windows down before they get to the car if you get pulled over. If I can see out of the vehical at night then it shouldnt be a problem. my privacy is just the same in my car as it is in my house. 1) All this is and always has been is another way for the police to find a way to give you a ticket. in fact in florida you can not be pulled over for not waring your seat belt, though if you dont have it on when getting pulled for somthing else then its a ticket. But, you can get pulled over for having illegal tint. we live in a country that it is legal to drive with bald tires and falty equipment to some degree which is way more dangerous IMO. 2) I got a feeling that the most of you guys in here saying its a good thing that there are laws is because your afraid to tint darker than legal. Thus some one is taking more work from you. Its not plain and simple you get caught. 3) In florida thaey have to get 23 written complaints all with proof you tinted it not just what the custy says. then they have to fine you. if your dumb enough to tint somthing illegal give a reciept or run it on a machine, tint with the door open to the public and ect then thats your deal. I owned a shop in florida and 98% of my jobs were 20% and darker. Even dealerships are tinting darker than legal. The shops I set up in california tint the front doors and thats illegal. So all this boo hooin bout illegal tint just dont hold water with me. I bet theres shop owners in here that claim they would never go over state laws and tint but are scheming the hell out of there federal taxes.

1) Yep. I agree that it is just an opportunity for probable cause where no other probable cause exists.

2) :eyebrows Nope, I don't know about being a GOOD thing there are laws, but for the most part we ( at least I do ) follow them because it's the prudent thing to do. It's ILLEGAL!!! Is that why you (hopefully) won't rob a bank? 'Cuz you're scared? Not that it's illegal? Without a doubt one of the most asinine statements this year

3) Again, :nope . I'd love to know where, and how, some of you guys come up with this sh!t. Read this: http://home.pcisys.net/~bpc/auto_law/tint/tint_fl.html, I don't read anything under the 23 complaint rule, or even see a 23 complaint rule. Maybe I'm missing something here? It DOES say that its a second degree misdemeanor to get caught installing illegal film, tho, and in Fla a 2nd deg misdemeanor can carry up to 6 months in jail, and fines. And of couse, any business engaging in illegal activity can lose thier business license.

Dude, your attitude is one of the reasons this industry is looked upon as a "fringe" industry. There IS no professionalism for the most part. Ever wonder WHY you can be highly recommeded by someone, and the custy will STILL walk thru your door with the mind set that you're gonna screw them? Could it possibly have ANYTHING to do with the fact that you are willing to break the law to make a buck? Conciously or subconciously, that fact affects more than some people. MOST people still value honesty and integrity.

. my privacy is just the same in my car as it is in my house.

No it isn't, your house is on your property. 5% film on your house restricts your visibility out the windows, but not at the potential expense of the safety of the public.

The car is your property, agreed. The difference is that the car is operated on public roads where the safety of the public is regualted by various laws, tint laws being one of them.

Instead of using time to try and find ways to beat the law, better use of the time might be to work on gettig the law changed.

NOPE!! The courts are widely divided on how far your right to privacy extends from your home to your vehicle. You do not have the same expectation of privacy in your car as you do your home, but you certainly DO NOT have a duty to "lay bare the contents" of your car for police scrutiny without a warrant. And as to the second point, Harold is right. All your civil rights to do ANYTHING stop at the point where they infringe upon the publics rights. In this case, the right to be safe on the roads. You certainly should have the right to have 5% on your car, But you do not have the right to put my family in potential danger by doing so. My family has the right to be safe on public roads, so if you want 5%, you should be able to have it. You just cannot operate your car in a manner that would be unsafe for others, so I guess you can enjoy that 5% from your driveway.

Guest Key West
wish it was so simple. I have read that the waivers aren't foolproof. I read in one of my magaazines that a bus. had a waiver but didn't hold up in court worth a sh*t. I think the cust got in an accident or something. it's bound to happen to us; big brother is everywhere, why not tint also? :eyebrows

A "show car" waiver (or any waiver) is FAR from blanket protection. They CAN, if drawn up properly, protect you from criminal liability, but they are definately all but worthless in civil court. And it's civil court that scares the bejeezus outta me. Our Tort laws are so effed up that one can sue anyone for just about anything. Just ask McDonalds. Criminal penalties are black and white. Do this, you get this. Civil cases can RUIN you financially for life. And it HAS happened to someone I know first hand.

First of all, nothing signed under duress is legally binding. And it has been held up by the courts that requiring that a person sign a waiver prior to getting something they desire is a form of duress. They want a certain thing, and the only way to get that certain thing is to sign a waiver, that waiver was signed under duress. Wrong? Maybe, but thats the way it is until our rediculous laws are changed.

Archived