Warning For Illegal Windows

BIG E

On tonight's local news the Louisiana State Police had Trouper Sal Messina warning people that they are going to be cracking down on illegal tint. They interviewed a local shop owner who showed what is legal in Louisiana on a piece of flat glass and the reporter made note of the cost of fines. Shops caught for first offence could face fines of $1000 first offence, $2000 second offence and loss of licence third offence. Motorist caught can expect fines from $130 to $150. The reported also noted that the police are exempt from the law and on the KPLCTV.COM website they have links to the LSP window tinting exemption forms for medical or security. I bet in this town 40% of tinted vehicles are illegal, and I am seeing more windshields tinted. :tantrum

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Key West

I been telling ya'll.......................It can be WAY more expensive for the shop owner than the custy. Here it can be up to a $5000 fine, loss of business license, and 11 mo 29 days in jail. FOR THE SHOP OWNER who gets caught installing illegal film. Custys don't get to see THAT part.

Guest REITZ20

wish it was so simple. I have read that the waivers aren't foolproof. I read in one of my magaazines that a bus. had a waiver but didn't hold up in court worth a sh*t. I think the cust got in an accident or something. it's bound to happen to us; big brother is everywhere, why not tint also? :thumb

Guest CajunTinter
yEAH BUT CANT THEY JUST USE A WAIVER :err :err

Have the customer sign one and have the owner sign one from the customer and..

WALLLLLAH!!!! Everybody is resolved from any illegal wrong doing :thumb its like magic :thumb

:thumb :thumb :poop:thumb

Amazing ..I would like to see that here.

Cost to customer for illegal tint : $110 no matter how many times you get pulled over.

Cost to tint shop owner responsible for illegal tint : NOTHING...ever.

Lost a lot of work because of that..custy just goes down the road to a tinter that'll be more than happy to put on 5% all around so he can run over my kids at nighttime :thumb

It's not JUST about the money :thumb

wish it was so simple. I have read that the waivers aren't foolproof. I read in one of my magaazines that a bus. had a waiver but didn't hold up in court worth a sh*t. I think the cust got in an accident or something. it's bound to happen to us; big brother is everywhere, why not tint also? :thumb

He was joking dude about all the waiver bullchiatt that s been going on. If someone is stupid enough to beleive a waiver will solve all there illegal tinting woes there crazy :thumb

Archived