Warning For Illegal Windows

BIG E

Guest secretagentswole

quote from Key West

"

Dude, your attitude is one of the reasons this industry is looked upon as a "fringe" industry. There IS no professionalism for the most part. Ever wonder WHY you can be highly recommeded by someone, and the custy will STILL walk thru your door with the mind set that you're gonna screw them? Could it possibly have ANYTHING to do with the fact that you are willing to break the law to make a buck? Conciously or subconciously, that fact affects more than some people. MOST people still value honesty and integrity. "

You know bro, you dont even live in florida anymore.

2cnd, You dont know me or my attitude.

3rd I can tell you that I do not disgrace this biz any any shape or form. I ve worked as a grunt tinter, Ive worked my way to manager of a tint shop, Ive owned my own tint shop, I work for a National tint company. If I was that bad of an ambassador of this trade would I have been able to get where Iam at today @ 27 years old???

And know I wouldnt go rob a bank. I use some common Brain Power to moral know whats right and wrong. Yea its illegal to rob a bank but its STEALING and I think that one is written on some stone some where with 9 other ones that say we shouldnt do other stuff. It also says its illegal to smoke week but that %&$# grows wild on its own, and Ill be damn but if it catches on fire itll make your feel different. How many of you wouldnt rob a bank but with roll a spliff after work and chill out???

You highlighted a part of my statement on why your mad about custom shops tinting over legal limit. Put it all in there if your gonna post and slam me. I believe I said it might be because your losing biz over it. and it is, dont even act like its not. Iam not saying your a scardy cat or triple dog daring you, its just what you choose to do. just some people got to do what they got to do to eat, and its better than hustling. yea and sometimes its not the best way but once again I dont need big brother controlling anymore of my life, as long as Iam not robbing, cheating or stealing from another person and I make the right decisions to tint over the limit when I feel its ok,because I would be responsible for it then its my own BIZ. Let me go to jail for 6 months, thats just more legal tint for you to do, or my competitor that will tint over and your still not getting any more biz.

Back to the above of me bringing down the trade. I can pass a dr*g test on a daily basis and I dont get hammered while I work. Once again I dont care who you are if your a tinter whether you are or have or just seen it you know that is what brings down the trade. Doing $80.00 tint jobs and cutting each others throat , standing in a parking lot throwing your fellow tinter under a buss to a customer so you can snake a job, using cheap film and sticking it in a premium brand box.....dude I can go on and on. that diminishes the integrity of the trade.Period.

And as for how I know the law, I got the book and what you got there is the online LAW STAT. for florida. They locally started to crack down on tint when I had my shop a year ago. The local PD came to all the shops and told us. I asked him questions he couldnt answer and one of them was how are you gonna know I did it. He said point blank,"they will tell me", my reply to him was with what proof??my worst enemy could tell you I did it and I have never touched the vehicle, He replied as long as they have a receipt. " I said ok, gods honest truth, cause your girlfriend is a cop and I tinter her mustang, it was in 5%, and she even said dont give receipts to custy's with darker than legal.(he was a new cop in town and she grew up with me), His response and I SWEAR on this was, "There has to be a collected number of SWORN complaints with proof of purchase for us to come see you about it. He did state it was in the 20's and he then handed me the florida traffic law book from his car that was the 2006 version for me to keep.

Now, you can bash anything I say, thats your right and I know your an older cat bro and your all set in your ways, and you probably dont even jay walk cause your so LAW abiding. But lets face it this is life, life in the US, were at war over oil and truly really having some dark tint on your ride isnt hurting a damn sole. People get in wrecks everyday, if its tint related I bet its so small it doesn't even account for anything.

Your looking for a rip on me cause I voice my opinion on %&$#, I believe in what I do, I believe in who I work for, and by all means voice yours like you did on me, BUT DONT EVER say I disrespect or lower the integrity of trade. You can take that %&$# back where you got it man, because you dont know me and deffinatly have not done biz with me.

Iam not even gone post in the thread again so have your fun with it. rip it apart, fart on it post funny emoticons, make comments like I dont know who iam fuggin with and all that worthless posting to get youR count up. I have been away from the board for a few days cause the trade I am degrading

Has me traveling the southewest 2000 miles from Fl. to do biz and spread the importance of our trade.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kflemin9
On tonight's local news the Louisiana State Police had Trouper Sal Messina warning people that they are going to be cracking down on illegal tint. They interviewed a local shop owner who showed what is legal in Louisiana on a piece of flat glass and the reporter made note of the cost of fines. Shops caught for first offence could face fines of $1000 first offence, $2000 second offence and loss of licence third offence. Motorist caught can expect fines from $130 to $150. The reported also noted that the police are exempt from the law and on the KPLCTV.COM website they have links to the LSP window tinting exemption forms for medical or security. I bet in this town 40% of tinted vehicles are illegal, and I am seeing more windshields tinted. :rollin

its real bad in new orleans and kenner but mostly bc the cities profit from these tickets.

Guest clint4883

this stuff is so funny! some people can get on here and say whatever they want about who ever they want and then as soon as that person has something to say back yall want to get mad and pissed of at them. it is a respect thing. just because you have been in the business for awhile doesn't mean you deserve respect you have to earn it. and when you get on here and talk down to people and try to degrade them you aren't earning any respect. its all about how you approach someone on the issue. if you talk to them with out degrading them it may work out alittle better for you. take some lessons from lildetails. as for being professional, I think most of us when we go out in public we try to sell ourselfs and not put the other guys down but then yall can get on here and bash on each other. kinda two faced the way I see it. yall can get on here and say what you want but you know everyone of you is breaking the law in someway. don't tell me you don't ever speed or you never drive with out your seat belt. yall can get bow down to who ever you want to but I am going to keep doin what I do, and once again thanks for the custys.

secretagentswole rock the #$%@ on dude! I think you pretty much hit the nail on the head.

I believe if memory serves me correct, that the tint laws in Texas only apply to cars 1989 and newer ?

Would that mean there are no limits on darkness for 1988 and older ?

I am not finding where the wording for the Texas law is located.

They did away with that when they redid the laws I 2003. now all vehicles apply no matter the year model.

search for Texas State bill 345 to find more info.

SENATE BILL 345

SENATE AUTHOR: Ogden

EFFECTIVE: 9-1-03

HOUSE SPONSOR: Hegar

Current law requires that a motor vehicle's windshield, window, or wing vent with a sunscreening device have a light transmission of 33 percent or more and a luminous reflectance of 35 percent or less. It also prohibits a sunscreening device whose color is tinted red or amber. Senate Bill 345 changes the required light transmission to 25 percent or more and the luminous reflectance to 25 percent or less, each determined in combination with a windshield, window, or wing vent, and adds blue to the list of color tinting that is prohibited. In addition, the bill deletes the exemption from light transmission and luminous reflectance requirements for a motor vehicle manufactured before 1988, and adds an exemption for a window that complies with federal standards for window materials, including a factory-tinted or a pretinted window installed by the vehicle manufacturer, or a replacement window meeting the specifications required by the vehicle manufacturer.

Guest Key West
this stuff is so funny! some people can get on here and say whatever they want about who ever they want and then as soon as that person has something to say back yall want to get mad and pissed of at them. it is a respect thing. just because you have been in the business for awhile doesn't mean you deserve respect you have to earn it. and when you get on here and talk down to people and try to degrade them you aren't earning any respect. its all about how you approach someone on the issue. if you talk to them with out degrading them it may work out alittle better for you. take some lessons from lildetails. as for being professional, I think most of us when we go out in public we try to sell ourselfs and not put the other guys down but then yall can get on here and bash on each other. kinda two faced the way I see it. yall can get on here and say what you want but you know everyone of you is breaking the law in someway. don't tell me you don't ever speed or you never drive with out your seat belt. yall can get bow down to who ever you want to but I am going to keep doin what I do, and once again thanks for the custys.

secretagentswole rock the #$%@ on dude! I think you pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Nobody I know is pissed, or mad or anything. And you stated what I was gonna tell you perfectly. But you seem to forget that it's a double edged sword. I don't need or solicit your respect. When you come on any board, you gotta earn the respect of those who were there before you, NOT the other way around. I don't believe that I degraded you, or disparaged you in any way. You seem to be under the impression that you automatically are entitled to our respect. Generally speaking, newbies (to the board, not necessarily to the game)get it until such time as they come out with statements that are plainly not in keeping with the general consus of the board on which they are posting. You KNOW (or should know by now) that illegal tinting is frowned upon by the majority of the membership of this board. Whether or not someone does install illegally, you don't go bragging about doing it on a public forum of supposedly professional tinters. Kinda like the militarys "Dont ask, dont tell" policy. The public does read this board, and the image that they have of us as tinters is reinforced by what they read here. Muffler shops cut catalytic converters all the time, but you don't see Midas advertising the fact that they will do it. When you tell someone you don't know that you are willing to break the law for them and thier money, no matter how rediculous or unenforced that law is, either conciously or subconciously that custy sees you as shady.

I don't know WHERE you get the idea that you are important enough for me to spend the energy to get mad, or pissed off at you. I don't even know you, and personally don't care if I ever do. You are quite possibly a great guy, and I have yet to meet ANYONE I cannot learn something from, but if we never do meet, ................................................SO WHAT?

Guest Texstar

Nobody I know is pissed, or mad or anything. And you stated what I was gonna tell you perfectly. But you seem to forget that it's a double edged sword. I don't need or solicit your respect. When you come on any board, you gotta earn the respect of those who were there before you, NOT the other way around. I don't believe that I degraded you, or disparaged you in any way. You seem to be under the impression that you automatically are entitled to our respect. Generally speaking, newbies (to the board, not necessarily to the game)get it until such time as they come out with statements that are plainly not in keeping with the general consus of the board on which they are posting. You KNOW (or should know by now) that illegal tinting is frowned upon by the majority of the membership of this board. Whether or not someone does install illegally, you don't go bragging about doing it on a public forum of supposedly professional tinters. Kinda like the militarys "Dont ask, dont tell" policy. The public does read this board, and the image that they have of us as tinters is reinforced by what they read here. Muffler shops cut catalytic converters all the time, but you don't see Midas advertising the fact that they will do it. When you tell someone you don't know that you are willing to break the law for them and thier money, no matter how rediculous or unenforced that law is, either conciously or subconciously that custy sees you as shady.

I don't know WHERE you get the idea that you are important enough for me to spend the energy to get mad, or pissed off at you. I don't even know you, and personally don't care if I ever do. You are quite possibly a great guy, and I have yet to meet ANYONE I cannot learn something from, but if we never do meet, ................................................SO WHAT?

"as the world turns......and so are the days of our lives"

Archived