shawdow or gradient on flexi 7.5

Guest dirtworks

Guest dirtworks

hey people im new to all this but I recently purchased a cutter plotter for doing my own graphics on my race car and the software is flexi 7.5 the problem is I can not figure out how to put a shawdow or a gradient around any of my text or objects. if anybody could get me going on this that would be great. thx mod 11 :thumb

Guest dirtworks
You can find the shadow function under effects in the functions across the top of your screen when you are running Flexisign

hey thanks for the reply but when I go to I quess the swatch table and go down to effects I then click on it and all it does is open up a small square box that looks like a group or ungroup

Guest lonewolf1969

The effect tab is at the top down the line from the File and Edit tabs that are on the left hand side of the screen. It is located pretty close to the middle.

Guest dirtworks
The effect tab is at the top down the line from the File and Edit tabs that are on the left hand side of the screen. It is located pretty close to the middle.

ok im looking at flexi and I must be an idiot so please have patiants let me descibe what I see at the top left to right file,edit,view,arrange,text,window,help. now right below it from left to right is blank paper,folder,save,inport,export,print,cut/plot,cut,copy,paste,undewpaste,redew,d.central,fill stroke editor,color mixer,colorspec,swatch table. then go to far left and objects go down and they are tabs I believe. starting at top, pointer,text,braziar,ruler,zoomin,z out,z to prev.,zoom to all,pan,fill mood maybe im just missing it would it be something that is automatically in software or would I have to put it in from somewere.

Guest Tint Technology

When you have finished your text, select it and it will 'outline' in red. Choose 'EFFECTS' from the command line and scroll down to shadow or outline. A second menu will appear that you can adjust your shadow setting, hopefully this will help :hmmm

Guest dirtworks
When you have finished your text, select it and it will 'outline' in red. Choose 'EFFECTS' from the command line and scroll down to shadow or outline. A second menu will appear that you can adjust your shadow setting, hopefully this will help :hmmm

thx to all who replied with help, I contacted the manufacturer by email and I quess the flexi 7.5 I have is called apprentace version and it is a lower class of flexi 7.5 and does not have all options. so this mite explain why I cant find it. once agian all who replied thank you. your comments would have been very helpful. I now know were I can turn to for any future help. oh but the way I am calling the company I bought the cutter from because they advertise this plotter cutter to come with flexi 8 or 8.5 wich would also help being I am running this software through windows vista. :hmmm

Guest dirtworks
If you don't have any luck with the company I have 8.1 Pro available.

will 8.1 work with windows vista and if so what is the price? ive tried three times now to get in contact with cutter pros.com through there 1-800 # and can not get anybody to answere im not giving up yet cause I at least want to let them know how I feel even if it dont get me anywere but I want them to here me out just for not sending what they advertised. :rollin

Archived