Dumb question

I hear/see you guys talking about gleu Stick's for the dot matrix, I hear/ see you trowing around with names and brands but none of these brands are nown around here .;So I just wanna be sure ( I've never used gleu on the dots to be honest , but am willing to try it out ) ...Is this really what you're talking about ???????

images-1.jpg

Guest rubberbizkitt

I have been using a glue stick that is called uhu. Basically a glue stick like a lip balm. Any buisness depot should carry it. It works well but becareful, I have noticed that with some tint, the adhisive from the tint will discolour immediatly and make for a not very likable appearence. Not very customer friendly.

I have used a liquid glue but trying to apply a liquid above your head is not very fun.

I have been told by reps, that after time it will break down and start to peel away. But you know what. I have been using this for about 9 years and have not had any come back.

When using the glue stick, your trying to cover up the void to make a smooth surface, pull out as much air and water you can and leave in as much glue as possible. Easier said then done.

Hope this was helpfull, best of luck

Cheers

B........

yes I use glue stick purple and blue ones they both dry clear :thumb

the glues job is not only to hold the film on the matrix, which the tint will do fine on its own, it is to fill the gaps caused by the raised surface of the dots which leads to the silvering effect. how does the glue stick effectively fill in these gaps? does it work that flawlessly to leave no silvering?

http://www.michaels.com/art/online/display...oductNum=gc0206

http://www.elmers.com/teachers/product_page.asp?pCode=E364

Archived