issues with the S5

Shades of Gray

Tinting my 2nd S5 today. First one came out great, had just a little trouble with the rear break light and how tight it sits to the windshield. Other than that, a pretty easy car...ALTHOUGH!...I heard there is a problem with the amplifier in the rear deck lid. If water gets on it, it fries it. Has anyone else heard about this? Encountered it? Feedback please...

Ryan

Tinting my 2nd S5 today. First one came out great, had just a little trouble with the rear break light and how tight it sits to the windshield. Other than that, a pretty easy car...ALTHOUGH!...I heard there is a problem with the amplifier in the rear deck lid. If water gets on it, it fries it. Has anyone else heard about this? Encountered it? Feedback please...

Ryan

Try using a towel on the back deck or tape a few above the amp as precaution. The amp will be resistant to some water though. Another great over engineered design by the volkswagon group. :eyebrows

Guest itinwin

Thanks for the info on the amp in the trunk... I did cover it and when I was done, the plastic that I had that covered the amp was soaked, probably would have been ruined if I didnt cover it up. The 3rd brake light is pretty much the same as the new jetta or GLI. It has those 2 pressure spring things against the mount on the glass. Its a little tight coming off but it did come out as soon as I realized how it was attached.

Archived