Am I just a freak ??

hey people,

SooOOO ,,, We've done a flatglas job today that required "edge sealer " , it was at a local gasstation ( pretty new one) . We've charged the guy a hell of a lot of money for it ( 125 € p sq meter ) So I wanted to give bring on a perfect installaton .the film came out just great , and the custy was very happy with the tint ( LX 70 ) . So as recommended we sealed the edges with the product SG sells to use for it with the tools to do it and it didn't came out the way I wanted it .

We've spend some extra time to do a perfect ( as good as possible)install ( even pulled of a big piece of film because there was a tiny spec in it , of wich the shopowner even didn't mind it was there ) and then we had to leave it with this nasty looking sealed edge.....

My partner didn't seem to mind , even the owner didn't mind that much because it was the protocol I think .... I even told the guy that I didn't like it it all , my partner told me ofcourse to keep my piehole about it to the custy ( I can't blame him )

I'm just sick about it all and called a dude today to go back there to seal it off with some silicone sealer . But once again...it was fine by the owner,fine by my partner but I'm just not gonna sleep well untill this is done ...

I'm gonna pay it with personal money and rather rip my pants on the deal then leave it like this !!!

so am I just a freak and going just a bit to far in this ??? well it will make me feel better .....

Guest willie
hey people,

SooOOO ,,, We've done a flatglas job today that required "edge sealer " , it was at a local gasstation ( pretty new one) . We've charged the guy a hell of a lot of money for it ( 125 € p sq meter ) So I wanted to give bring on a perfect installaton .the film came out just great , and the custy was very happy with the tint ( LX 70 ) . So as recommended we sealed the edges with the product SG sells to use for it with the tools to do it and it didn't came out the way I wanted it .

We've spend some extra time to do a perfect ( as good as possible)install ( even pulled of a big piece of film because there was a tiny spec in it , of wich the shopowner even didn't mind it was there ) and then we had to leave it with this nasty looking sealed edge.....

My partner didn't seem to mind , even the owner didn't mind that much because it was the protocol I think .... I even told the guy that I didn't like it it all , my partner told me ofcourse to keep my piehole about it to the custy ( I can't blame him )

I'm just sick about it all and called a dude today to go back there to seal it off with some silicone sealer . But once again...it was fine by the owner,fine by my partner but I'm just not gonna sleep well untill this is done ...

I'm gonna pay it with personal money and rather rip my pants on the deal then leave it like this !!!

so am I just a freak and going just a bit to far in this ??? well it will make me feel better .....

Relax bud and have some cold ones.

Its is refershing to see some people still care a whole lot about there work :rollin

Guest haroldshouseoftint

No, you would be someone who wants to leave a profesional looking aperance on your job.

Have a pro sealer do it, possibly get some tips from him on how to get it looking correctly. :rollin

Guest thatsnappyguy

im with ya. im a profectionist myself. I pull alot of film off if it doesnt measure up to my level. I dont know what it looks like, but if the custy if happy, then be happy also. as long as he is aware that u suck at your job. :rollin just messin.

Guest tinterjim

Well if you have enough time in...... you know you can't please everyone every time..... including yourself. If he custy is happy, cash the check and keep steppin. :rollin

look at the bright side of it...

at least you charged it well :rollin

sometimes you just have to let it go, there will be enough situations where customers won't be so happy and without a reason :thumb

keep in mind that people will usually look thru the window not at the window

now have a grolsch and relax mate

Yes you are a FREAK to the 10th degree......Custy Happy----U be happy

:thumb:lol2

I'm not laughin with what you said , just funny who said it :lol2

But yes I'm a freak , I geuss being a perfectionist makes me what I am and where I stand today .....when looking back to where I come from I can say I haven't done so bad for myself ...

Archived