Jonhson users

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mhun9180
can anyone second that :evilgrin

I know they did upgrade the adhesive and dye about 2-3 years ago and the colour is much much better. The adhesive :twocents only time will tell.

I had a former Bekart rep tell me that Johnson was "old technology" but I tried it and I like what I saw with the Greystone. I absolutely think their online ordering system ROCKS! I know they buy all their raw materials from different sources and just assemble them into their final films. They do not manufacture their own film. That is why they can offer "web specials" every month - so they can liquidate their old stock cheaply. Lots of guys use their film on here and I like it too. I haven't yet committed to using them however. But I am keeping a close eye on this forum to see if they are worth the risk.

Guest TintMeUp
I had a former Bekart rep tell me that Johnson was "old technology" but I tried it and I like what I saw with the Greystone. I absolutely think their online ordering system ROCKS! I know they buy all their raw materials from different sources and just assemble them into their final films. They do not manufacture their own film. That is why they can offer "web specials" every month - so they can liquidate their old stock cheaply. Lots of guys use their film on here and I like it too. I haven't yet committed to using them however. But I am keeping a close eye on this forum to see if they are worth the risk.

thier online odering system rocks??? lmao mate, the johnsonwindowfilms.co.uk ordering system does rock because you can select from a lot of different sizes of rolls, but its alot more expensive to buy online, the woman (Karen) who works on the phone etc for johnsons told me its much cheaper to order over the phone than online lol and so it was, you get it for about 3/4 the price if you order it by phone, and if you pay by credit card you get 5% discount on overall charges, but here in UK were also taxed on that, I dont know about the johnson you order your tint from but the one I get my sp silhouette from is much cheaper by phone :twocents

I switched over from Llumar because of the pricing. I use Ray Guard & Silhouette daily, have yet to see issues after 2 yrs. The Sil. looks a little blue on the inside, but I think shrink wise it will take a little more abuse than ATR. Ray Guard is thin, but I have had it on the fronts of my Expy for two years now, no color change of yet. I like the flat glass stuff too.

Guest irishhanks2
Does this film turn purple? :dunno Haven't heard much about the fading or color change of this product just adhesive failures? I need longivity results of this film in the midwest. Also, is there dye in the adhesive? Im referring to silouhette line

I used it for eight years never had problem but my buddy is starting to have a lot of come backs becouse of rear window disstortion...scared me so I dropped it from line I use there graystone line and have never heard any thing bad and have never had a come back on it...Personaly I would say stay away from the sihl.

Guest irishhanks2

thier online odering system rocks??? lmao mate, the johnsonwindowfilms.co.uk ordering system does rock because you can select from a lot of different sizes of rolls, but its alot more expensive to buy online, the woman (Karen) who works on the phone etc for johnsons told me its much cheaper to order over the phone than online lol and so it was, you get it for about 3/4 the price if you order it by phone, and if you pay by credit card you get 5% discount on overall charges, but here in UK were also taxed on that, I dont know about the johnson you order your tint from but the one I get my sp silhouette from is much cheaper by phone :beer

oh yeah online is the shizzzl :dunno

Guest irishhanks2

I say go for it they are very good to deal with if you do have a problem they'll send a rep to you if need be

Guest BJDcar

Used it for a few years and it does turn purple. The johnson Salesmanager told us that their new dye was from llumar

and said it was Color stable.. "no way " we now have cars purple after 2 years and hazing rear windows. Johnson is

very desperate in selling their film, thats why the offer a 100% satisfaction warranty. They know they will only see 1-2% of these warrantys

again. Buy atr instead. Good film and with a real colorstable dye.

thier online odering system rocks??? lmao mate, the johnsonwindowfilms.co.uk ordering system does rock because you can select from a lot of different sizes of rolls, but its alot more expensive to buy online, the woman (Karen) who works on the phone etc for johnsons told me its much cheaper to order over the phone than online lol and so it was, you get it for about 3/4 the price if you order it by phone, and if you pay by credit card you get 5% discount on overall charges, but here in UK were also taxed on that, I dont know about the johnson you order your tint from but the one I get my sp silhouette from is much cheaper by phone :gasp

US online ordering is great!

Archived