what is it with customers????

Guest fimmo

Guest fimmo

hey dave (diamond)!, aye, when I heard it make the noise when I started the car I should have shouted him over before he left but hindsights a great thing. will do in the future.

things is, I heard the noise when I started the car up, then tinted it, then started it back up again to move it outside and heard it again. he must have heard it when he started it up to take it home, why didnt he say then? why did he go home, wait 2 hours then call me?

anyways,I havent heard from them since the monday incident and I'm hoping thats the last I'll hear from them but I'm not counting my chickens

the last thing the husband said to me if I havent done anything then I've nothing to worry about I.e damaging the cd player and making a crank call, so the way I reckon I not worrying cause in no way whatsoever did I do anything I'm accused off so I aint worrying.

in 4 years I've had 2 really bad customers, all the rest have been fine so I cant really complain,pity its those 2 I remember though

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Key West
hey dave (diamond)!, aye, when I heard it make the noise when I started the car I should have shouted him over before he left but hindsights a great thing. will do in the future.

things is, I heard the noise when I started the car up, then tinted it, then started it back up again to move it outside and heard it again. he must have heard it when he started it up to take it home, why didnt he say then? why did he go home, wait 2 hours then call me?

anyways,I havent heard from them since the monday incident and I'm hoping thats the last I'll hear from them but I'm not counting my chickens

the last thing the husband said to me if I havent done anything then I've nothing to worry about I.e damaging the cd player and making a crank call, so the way I reckon I not worrying cause in no way whatsoever did I do anything I'm accused off so I aint worrying.

in 4 years I've had 2 really bad customers, all the rest have been fine so I cant really complain,pity its those 2 I remember though

Count your blessings!!! You must be living right. For a while there, it seemed that every other custy came thru the door with the mindset that we were crooks, and were gonna screw them. I guess it goes back to the general image the public has about tint shops in general. We do everything in our power to ease the custys mind, but some folks you just can't apease. In your case, what would be interesting to find out is if they apologize after they find out what really happened. I read somewhere here that it actually happened.

Guest thatsnappyguy

I have no tolerance for customers anymore. too many times did I get mess around and blamed on...I just try my best to avoid them at all cost, unless im the only one here.

Guest potzy

Bleeding dirty wrong-uns are just trying it on mate, obviously it was knackerd and they knew it....but I feel for you mate, had a similiar thing happen a few years back, you get 1 in 500 thats going to be a right b#stard. Hope it turns out ok for you fimmo

Stu

Guest Tintim

My Tip.

Do an inspection sheet as previous people have mentioned - but ask customer if they know of any damage on the car, when they say no - try to find something. You get used to looking over cars and can find a small dent or scratch quite quickly. Once you have done this - you have a stronger argument if they do accuse u of something.

I bet these people won't apologise when they realise it is not you.

Guest thatsnappyguy

when I was working for a big corporate audio shop around here, they had salesman that did this. never had to worry about getting blamed for something that was already there.

Guest Diamond Tints
My Tip.

Do an inspection sheet as previous people have mentioned - but ask customer if they know of any damage on the car, when they say no - try to find something. You get used to looking over cars and can find a small dent or scratch quite quickly. Once you have done this - you have a stronger argument if they do accuse u of something.

I Know guys that done this, but if you miss anything that you never marked on the sheet, well .............

Guest Key West
My Tip.

I Know guys that done this, but if you miss anything that you never marked on the sheet, well .............

The inspection thing is a great idea in theory, but not very practical in real life. If you are busy at all and a one man show, you can't possibly go over every car THOROUGHLY with the custy and deal with the phone, other custys, much less tint. and thats not even taking into consideration if they dropped it off before you opened. It sux, but the very small percentage of problem custys are the very ones who you have to protect yourself from. One bad/dishonest custy could conceivably wipe out an entire week or two worth of profit. Not worthit. Its a balancing act, but one hAS to do what they can to CYA!!!!

Archived