flatglass installers

I agree with VC and TL about that glass being Highly suspect about being tempered. I have never seen tempered glass crack like that. Are bothe inner AND outer panes marked as tempered?

I want to say I only seen it on the outer pane :dunno & its the inner panes that cracked

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vclimber
well, regardless of glass type would manufacturer still cover up to $500 per unit on a 35sq.ft. window of this type if it was an annealed unit ?

You need to look at the terms on your warranty. What brand film did you use?

Guest thatsnappyguy
well, regardless of glass type would manufacturer still cover up to $500 per unit on a 35sq.ft. window of this type if it was an annealed unit ?

You need to look at the terms on your warranty. What brand film did you use?

well if its not really temperd like they say it is, I would make the glass company pay for it for marking the glass wrong, thus in turn letting u install the wrong film on it, which caused the break. its not your fault so dont pay a dime. who cares who pays for it, it shouldnt be you b/c that tint was ok to place on "temperd" glass. who ever stamped that glass is to blame.

Guest irishhanks2
Are you sure that is tempered glass? :dunno
no way that is tempered glass. It is a single crack. Tempered will basically explode under the film. It will be held together but it will be blown up.
The other problem is that thermal stress fractures never originate near the corners so the high point has to be the origin and it does not look like it projects 1-2" at 90 degrees from the glass edge...

My guess is annealed glass with a clamshell. :poke

Not only did all the glass have the tempered etched in the corners I called the glass company to confirm the thickness & quote they had given & yes its all tempered 1/4" sealed units for $1000 ea. :poke I felt the crack on the inside pane its all the way through.

not wanting to say they are detadees but if they told you that was tempered they lied or stupid you chose from what I see from the pic's you posted that is double pain plate glass you see that a lot in car lots

Symphony 50? 7 With no other factors. You're covered. :dunno

thanks V for all the help & input also everyone else whos posted :poke Yes the glass is definitely stamped "Tempered" bottom corners but only on the outside pane now that I recall :poke . So yes I went into this job thinking 1/4 daul tempered, but would this not be a film of choice for an annealed unit of this size?

Archived