flatglass installers

I had the same exact thing happen to me a couple of months ago. Seven 68X68 windows, installed SYDS 35 and had three of them pop on me. They were 750 a piece. All the windows had etched in the corner that they were Tempered and everyone of them cracked in the same exact place, coming out from the side and splitting top to bottom.

I WATCHED ONE OF THEM CRACK BEFORE MY EYES. :beer while I was doing a guys car right after I installed the the large windows, one started cracking while I was watching it. Talk about frustrating.

Suntek covered their part of the warranty because the contractor said they weren't covered under a manufactures warranty (brand new building) go figure :poke. Suntek made the warranty claim very easy and they were awesome to work with. :poke

so it was annealed ? thanks pro :poke

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest FilmBlazer
WHAT? That's bull :poke There is no way that is tempered. You need to get the glass company out there to take a look. Maybe Heat Treated, but not tempered.

:poke

But I doubt it is even HS. It doesn't appear that code would call for HS or Tempered on the run of windows. The lowers should all be tempered but everything above can be annealed. Am I missing something? :poke

Indeed, definitely NOT tempered.

Could be I geuss though I doubt it. You may have just uncovered a case of fraud. I bet the glass co. would want to get it taken care of real quick if they build there own units. :beer

I wouldn't fork out a single dime either if I were you. Except maybe retint it for cheap.

The manufacturer will pay him to refilm it after the window is replaced.

Archived