anyone know the laws for tinting the rear windows on a cargo van in PA

Guest xtimx

Guest xtimx

I owne a cargo van (2001 ford econoline 250 with a cage inside, no side windows, 2 rear windows). I had heard but wasn't 100% sure that I could cover the rear windows completely. the van does have truck plates if that makes any difference.

thanks for any help.

tim

I owne a cargo van (2001 ford econoline 250 with a cage inside, no side windows, 2 rear windows). I had heard but wasn't 100% sure that I could cover the rear windows completely. the van does have truck plates if that makes any difference.

thanks for any help.

tim

As long as you have side view mirrors you will have no issues. I would use some sort of white matte film or vinyl to cover it. Or u could have a vinyl company install some of that graphic perforated stuff with your business logo or name on it. It still allows you to see out but you cant see in from the outside.

rear%20window%20graphic.jpg

window.gif

Guest xtimx

I do have the side mirrors. with the cage you can't see out the back window anyway so I figured it was ok.

dumb question. can I get the white matte film installed at any place that does tinting or will it be harder to find?

Guest General Sun Shield
I do have the side mirrors. with the cage you can't see out the back window anyway so I figured it was ok.

dumb question. can I get the white matte film installed at any place that does tinting or will it be harder to find?

Someone who installs both auto and flat glass should have it in stock,I know I use it quite a bit for commercial jobs.

But any Auto only tinter should have access to flat glass films. Its also refered to as white frost.

where are you in pa..im 30 east of pittsburgh....if your not far give me a call....724-205-8199............john

Guest xtimx

where are you in pa..im 30 east of pittsburgh....if your not far give me a call....724-205-8199............john

I'm about 10 miles outside of reading. I appreciate the offer though. thanks.

I was actually referring to the White Matte (cant see thru) NOT white frost (shadowing)... White frost would not look good at all in my opinion. Just go to a vinyl shop and have them vinyl it, probably cheaper and easier to find someone. Try these guys, they look close enough to you:

M T Head Vinyl Lettering & Graphics

43 Valley Rd

Birdsboro, PA 19508

(610) 582-7440

Guest General Sun Shield
I was actually referring to the White Matte (cant see thru) NOT white frost (shadowing)... White frost would not look good at all in my opinion. Just go to a vinyl shop and have them vinyl it, probably cheaper and easier to find someone. Try these guys, they look close enough to you:

43 Valley Rd

Birdsboro, PA 19508

(610) 582-7440

Do you mean Whiteout? :thumb

Thats solid white.

White Matte has a shadowing effect depending on how close the object behind the film is & lighting conditions.

But either way, the vinyl would be better in my opinion. :thumb

Guest xtimx

43 Valley Rd

Birdsboro, PA 19508

(610) 582-7440

thanks a lot. I'm gonna call them right now. I appreciate it.

Archived