Dream Tint Shop

I posted this as an answer to someones thread in the shop owners forum looking for ideas on shop set-up but I thought it might get more views here in the general. I know this is a long post but it is my idea of a dream tint shop. Anybody who has some ideas to ad please do so.

My idea of what I would like to see is plans, designs and pictures of a "factory" tint shop. Like if one of the big names ( llumar, Solar Gard, Madico, 3M ) were to build a reatail shop on one of the busiest streets in America. This shop would have only the latest cutting edge setup and design with all the latest in tools and hardware to enable the most qualified employees to put out the best tint jobs ever.

Some of the ideas I have, would include a radiant heated floor with drains that would be directly under the car running the length of it. The radiant heat would help to keep the floor dry and the rest of the water would flow under the car to the drain. The floor would have the latest and greatest in epoxy floor paint (or maybe soemthing better?) to help keep the floor clean & looking and fresh.

Heat guns would be special made for automotive tinting to "factory" specifications adjustable within the limits of temps and air force suggested by the factories and there would be one on each side of the car connected to a retractable cord hanging from the ceiling.

Water supply would also be retractable on each side of the car hanging from the ceiling and there would be some sort of water purification system to enure the cleanest water possible to be used to tint. Also there would be a system that automatically mixed just the right the right amount of slip solution to provide the best results for applying tint. This system would be adjustable to the tinters preference but within the "factory" specifications to ensure that not too much is used producing an unwanted effect to look or longevity.

The heating and air unit would be of the latest technology and would help filter the most airborne contaminants possible that could adversly affect your finished product. Now I am talking within reason not so far as a paint booth although that would be nice.

There would be a pressure washer that would be used daily to rinse and clean the walls and floors to help get rid of the unwanted dust and pariticles

There would be glass mounted on the wall from the 3ft to 6ft high on all unused wall area. This would be ideal on each side of the car from the front of the front door of the car to the back of the rear bumper assuming the car is parked in the center of the shop.

Each install bay would be completly seperate so that when the doors are rasied to bring cars in or out the other installation bays with tinting in process is not interupted by unwated wind and air from the outside. Each bay would be as described as above.

There would be a stock room that had plenty of shelving that would allow at a glance to see what films are in stock. There would be a place to keep all supplies in order. In this room would also be a washer and dryer so that you can keep your microfiber rags and towels clean.

Naturally the customer waiting area would be very clean with complete information & professional looking displays. It would also have a HD flat screen (preferably 36" or better) that would be a constant slideshow of cars that your shop has done. A second HD flat screen would be dedicated to all the commercial and residentials jobs completed by your shop with before and after shots. And a third HD flat screen for waiting customers to watch TV. Also ideally there would be at least one very informed attractive young lady who has the ability to show customers their film choices and answer any questions that a customer might have. Ideally there would always be someone dedicated to this area and this person would be there to answer the phones as well. The waiting area would also be Wi/Fi capable as a free service to the customers. At least on one side would be a vending area for drinks and snacks.

On the outside the shop would be very appealing and have plenty of parking. The parking area and the area in front of the bay doors would be a slick asphalt surface that can be pressure washed as needed. The area directly in front of the bay doors would be setup in a way to let customers know there is no parking in this area to help eliviate lot shuffling cars. Also there would be a dedicated area to park cars waiting for pick-up. This area would be situated so that as much sun as possible would be shining on it and readily available for passers by to see and appreciate what professonalism your shop puts out. Also there would be curb systems to allow for professonal landscaping that will be well maintained and situated in a way that the landscape materials will reamain where intended and not on your drive.

Signage would be on the building and a freestanding sign both of which would be easily seen from great distances and would be simply put and easy to understand what it is that you do. Under the main freestanding sign would be an LCD sign that scrolls with time, temp and other useful information such as specials or safety bullitens.

Whew, that was a long post but that is all I can think of for now but that is my dream tint shop :thumb

Wow , sounds like alot of overhead. Your gonna have to have high-end customers. I've seen a shop where there was alot of workers each guy has a specific job ie panel puller, window puller, back glass guy, roll up guy , bake room guy, cashier, receptionist , detailing guys, car wash guys, dealer pick-up delivery guy. The average 4-door car runs over a G.

Wow , sounds like alot of overhead. Your gonna have to have high-end customers. I've seen a shop where there was alot of workers each guy has a specific job ie panel puller, window puller, back glass guy, roll up guy , bake room guy, cashier, receptionist , detailing guys, car wash guys, dealer pick-up delivery guy. The average 4-door car runs over a G.

Yeah, some of it is unrealistic but at one time one piece rear windows were unrealistic.

I love to dream, hence the nickname dbdreams

Guest Sprinter

well they might just build them if they put us out of business by setting up car dealerships and low balling on prices, I think they want to sell film and not do the installs :thumb

My idea of what I would like to see is plans, designs and pictures of a "factory" tint shop. Like if one of the big names ( llumar, Solar Gard, Madico, 3M ) were to build a reatail shop on one of the busiest streets in America. This shop would have only the latest cutting edge setup and design with all the latest in tools and hardware to enable the most qualified employees to put out the best tint jobs ever.

This is nice dream. But not sure it ever will come true... :thumb

And there are so many reasons WHY :shock

Guest zolar

I built a shop with glass walls, A/C, air and water filtration, corneilus and water piped in overhead through tubing

painted floors, the installs came out as close to perfect as I have ever seen

it dosen't mean squat if you don't have a steady strem of custys :thumb

I do better in a nasty loud stereo shop with more traffic coming in the door :shock

If I start another shop I have plans for a exceptionally clean shop but that would more than likley be the 2nd location after establishing myself and my business without breaking the bank. I've worked at places that look spectacular and it makes a difference, customers are happy to pay more for that environment.

I built a shop with glass walls, A/C, air and water filtration, corneilus and water piped in overhead through tubing

it dosen't mean squat if you don't have a steady strem of custys :beer

I do better in a nasty loud stereo shop with more traffic coming in the door :shock

I have also stage for striptease, two bar's, Vodka Museum, TV, DVD, Playboy's collection - some hundreds magazines and so on....

But....

it dosen't mean squat if you don't have a steady strem of custys :thumb:lol:lol:thumb

But for me personal - it is :thumb

As all other teams in riga have dirty and inconvinient tintshops.....

And, yes, I am twice more expensive

it dosen't mean squat if you don't have a steady strem of custys :beer

I have also stage for striptease, two bar's, Vodka Museum, TV, DVD, Playboy's collection - some hundreds magazines and so on....

But....

it dosen't mean squat if you don't have a steady strem of custys :thumb:lol:lol:thumb

But for me personal - it is :thumb

As all other teams in riga have dirty and inconvinient tintshops.....

And, yes, I am twice more expensive

Leo,

I am what alot of people would consider just a redneck from Alabama who has never been out of the South except for a time or two but if I ever by chance find myself in your neck of the woods I will have to make a determined effort to look you up. You seem to be a really cool dude :thumb

Archived