08 Maybach 62

lorenzotint

Done a Maybach 62 this week with regard to the curtains.

The rear ones have a black circular plastic plug in the corner of the blind rail - remove this and the clips slide back aand out this allows the curtain to sit on the rear deck out of the way as mentioned by beeline. Side window blinds have maybe 20 little metal catches in the top of the curtain, which latch onto plastic hooks. A twist and they come off - look closely with the window down from outside the car and you'll see they are quite obvious.

As for taking panels off I did not as when I tried one clip, it shattered into a dozen bits :shock . So it was peel back and remove or tape back. Very tight seals and still a pain to do - but would be very interested to see photographs of the rear door if someone ever takes one off.

Tintim

I wish there was more of those around my way so I could take one apart. I always love to take apart expensive cars!

I know what you mean I've taken a lot of expensive cars apart but this was my first Maybach. I telephoned other tinters I knew, a couple had done some and told me the door panels were a nightmare - this was the first time I used tintdude to check on a car for advice and came across this thread.

The customer has taken over a month to decide on the shade and the car has been back to the dealer six times for things that have gone wrong. Oh and one other thing - door cards are £5000 or $10,000 so I'll admit I was a little nervous.

Archived