How did you get started tinting?

Guest hometheaterman

Guest hometheaterman

I was just curious how you got started tinting and what got you guys into it? I've always really liked tinted windows as weird as it may sound it's always kind of fascinated me. I've tried tinting on vehicles a few times and it seems like it always comes out looking like crap. The hardest part seems to be cutting it. I can never get it cut down small enough then when I go to trim it I seem to always trim it too much or something happen. Then when I go to get all the bubbles out it seems like I can't get them all out around the edges. I thought maybe I was using too much water but after seeing them do it at the shop they use a lot too. I've used water with baby soap and water with some tint stuff made to tint with. I keep playing with it hoping to get better even though it doesn't seem like it's happening that much. Anyways how did you guys get started and what made you want to start?

Guest windowpimp

BACK IN NINEYTWO< I TOOK A WEEKEND OF TRAINING WITH A LOCAL TINT SHOP THAT HAD A RETAIL AND WHOLSESALE BUSINESS<< IT COST FIVE HUNDRED FOR TWO EXTENSIVE DAYS OF HANDS ON AND ALL THE TINT YOU COULD WASTE>> WELL WORTH IT<< PLACED AN AD IN LOCAL PAPER AND GOT A CALL TO DO A GREYHOUND BUS>> IF I WERE YOU PUT SOME MONEY DOWN<< AND GET TRAINED SOMEWHERE >>>> DONT MIND THE CAPITALS<< MY CAP LOCK BUTTON IS SCREWED ON THE LAPTOP>> DOH

Archived