When did you go into business? (date on business lic.)

Guest Key West

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

at least you can out tint on the front rollups. Michigan doesnt even let us look at the fronts, let alone putting it on... unless of course the customer would like a 5% strip of tint 4 inches from the top of the glass. it looks as hideous as it sounds.... people dont want that. they want the sun, glare, or whatever off them, and they want to have a classy looking ride. I think MI (NY, PA etc) should loosen up the laws. or change them around. MI says you can spray paint for rear windows for all they care, but, nothing on the front windows. I agree that it would help the economy too allow darker fil on the fronts (35 or 40). I think MI should make stricter rear window laws, such as 20% or 25%. we have hot days, but nothing like florida. many more people will follow the law, and many many more will consider buying tint if the law allows them to have their car tinted more their way. :rollin

:rollin

doesnt mean it will happen... but who knows. when granholm gets out of office, maybe the Michigan economy will turn around from this mess our super awesome governor has gotten us into.

at least you can out tint on the front rollups. Michigan doesnt even let us look at the fronts, let alone putting it on...

NYS law is 70% Glass and film combined on the sides of a passenger car. No tinting of the side windows! period end of story!

Guest JudgeS

In NY you rarely have to worry as long as the police can see through the window, very few cops are running around with light meters.

NJ is the place I feel bad for, your car wont pass inspection, and can not be bought or sold with tint on front windows.

That being said I cant believe anyone would question legality and business with regards to automotive modifying (which tint is). I mean how many things mechanics do break laws, how many auto part add ons (I.e. chips, performance mufflers, intakes, etc. etc. etc. break laws), would you suggest no one sell, it's up to the customer to decide how he's using his vehicle. Also are you saying you never drive above the speed limit, and always cross on the green and not in between, my point being is many people define the law themselves when they feel it infringes on our liberties.

Guest Sunlimited

The problem there is it doesnt matter how "people" define the law, if the man wants to come down on you, it's how the man defines the law, and right now a lot of installers can get in some :thumb for installing a 70 vlt....

Guest JudgeS

No doubt, by my point really is why, do they go after the muffler shop installing the after market exhaust or the vendor selling it, or HIDs (etc.,etc.) no, why because they put it in the customers hand with a disclaimer that this is for off road use (etc. etc.). Should be handled the same way.

Also that it sucks worse in NJ, because of how they enforce the law.

Guest Sunlimited

I agree, your in between state, CT has a pretty decent law, 35 sides, any on the back glass. I used to ride down to englishtown, you could always tell the jersey cars before seeing a plate cause there was nothing on the 2 front doors....CT is the same though, you get pulled over, most of the time you get a fix it ticket, they could fine you, $176 I believe, but then you have 20 days to go through insp. or they suspend your reg.

Archived