2008 jeep wrangler rubicon

Guest Key West
I do work for our local Jeep dealer. I walked into the bay area and there were 3 new Jeeps inside, all had the back windows blown out. The body shop manager told me its common for the back windows to shatter by shutting them.

tintshopky,

Looks like you MIGHT have dodged a bullet there. :rollin Hope it works out for ya. At least yer not a virgin anymore. Keep this in mind, it could ALWAYS be worse!!!

Guest UTMOST

Frame less glass back windows always seem to explode when people just let them drop slam shut instead of keeping a hand on it until completely shut. The new body style Ford Explorer had "exploding" back glass issues. If the glass was installed with unusual pressure in the hinge area or else where and when it is let to drop slam shut it breaks. IMO

Guest thatsnappyguy

I bert it has something to do with the latch on the bottom...maybe the not enough adhesive on the latch to glass and some metal could be hitting the glass on impact.

Frame less glass back windows always seem to explode when people just let them drop slam shut instead of keeping a hand on it until completely shut. The new body style Ford Explorer had "exploding" back glass issues. If the glass was installed with unusual pressure in the hinge area or else where and when it is let to drop slam shut it breaks. IMO

I didn't even get the hatch shut at all. so no slamming on this one. just reached up to close, got it down maybe 6 inches and glass everywhere.

I didn't even get the hatch shut at all. so no slamming on this one. just reached up to close, got it down maybe 6 inches and glass everywhere.

same here, got about 3/4 closed , and Ka-boom.

were you closing with your hand on the side or center of the hatch? dealer recently told me that the gate flexes when closing from the side. could have caused it..........

two hands, one on each side if I remember correctly.

Archived