Vinyl strip+Dot Matrix+Mustang...

Guest chad3113

Guest chad3113

How do you apply the vinyl strip at the tops of the dot matrix?? Dry or wet? I tinted my mustang and wasn't happy with the matrix so I cut the tint just below the matrix to put a vinyl strip, but the vinyl seems to be harder to apply than the tint...Any tips?

Guest Thetintcenter
How do you apply the vinyl strip at the tops of the dot matrix?? Dry or wet? I tinted my mustang and wasn't happy with the matrix so I cut the tint just below the matrix to put a vinyl strip, but the vinyl seems to be harder to apply than the tint...Any tips?

Use the piece of tint you cut off the dots as a template. Cut the vinyl about 1/2" bigger on top and 1/4" on the side.

Overlap just a bit over the tint. You want to use a little extra slip and then just squeegee out the water. Good Luck

Guest Katie0530

I think vinyl is the way to go clean and easy. Tintcenter was right on with the template. Ive been using vinyl for years and on certain cars Ive been running into problems with it drying hazy, I think I have finally found the solution though. When you apply the vinyl, wet the glass and the vinyl then when you squeege it out dont press to hard and only do one swipe over it. Make sure bubbles are out of it but there should still be a little water under it when it dries it will dry evenly. Hopfully this makes since. Also before you apply the vinyl heat the top edge of your tint just below the dot matrix, this will stop the water that you spray to apply the vinyl from running under the film.

Guest Hultgren244

Use the piece of tint you cut off the dots as a template. Cut the vinyl about 1/2" bigger on top and 1/4" on the side.

Overlap just a bit over the tint. You want to use a little extra slip and then just squeegee out the water. Good Luck

This is exactly how to do it...like he said use extra slip agent.

:thumb

Extra slip agent? Is that something to make it dry more evenly?

vinyl doesn't like slipping too easily on dots.

Guest Katie0530

:eyebrows

Extra slip agent? Is that something to make it dry more evenly?

vinyl doesn't like slipping too easily on dots.

I know the vinyl don't like to slide on the dots well but any suggestions on how to make it dry more evenly. Perfect example is the new Altima Coupes I hate how the dot matrix drys.

Archived