Clearplex windshield protection film

Guest rubberbizkitt

Guest rubberbizkitt

We have been approached by a suppliers that is promoting this product, Clearplex. An invisible windshield protection film.

This post is going out to those that have used, or is using this product or something simular.

I'm looking for any sort of feed back.

Average time for installation, workability as in heat shrinking and applying. Clarity after the manufacturer warranty.

This is the important question. Customer feed back.

My main concern is heat shrinking on the windshield of a customers car. I'm not into the added expence of doing something that the customer is trying to avoid.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't now about shrink time, but have a friend in NY who has tried one of these and he told me he was giving it up. Too many returns due to starbursts from headlights after a short time usung the wipers. The wipers picked up sandand scratched it almost immediatly. Get a sample and try it on your vehiv\cle and a couple of others and see how long it lasts. Madico discussed this with a local shop I know and they said the life is about 9 - 12 months. Too short for most customers, will be rturning for warranty work. :shoot1

Boy you will get feed back on this! You can find a lot of info doing a search. I Bray rep stopped this week and according to him the stuff Bray uses for the Pro-line design is different from ClearPlex and has a 2 year warrant? Anybody know if this is a new generation thing again or what, I haven’t been keeping up with it either? :shoot1

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

I have been selling, installing and using clearplex for a while now. And all I can say is wow!!!!. It works extremely well, lasts a year or so. Does not scratch easily at all, and a small bitch to install the first few times. Overall I am really happy with it, and, so are my customers.

Guest rubberbizkitt

Manufacturer warranty is a concern. 1 year or 12000 miles. Doesn't seem customer friendly to me with the retail price, but then again it is a high impact area. Thing is, not many peaple have the disposable income of a Nascar driver. I do realize that this is for the higher end car buyers and not for the Cavilac owners.

Customtining mentioned sand on the wiper scratching the film. How about an ice scraper in the dead of winter chipping away at the windshield when the product is needed the most? Will it hold out?

I was told that you can shoot a ball baering with a sling shot @ the windshield with this product on it and there would be no damage.

Is this true?

How about the orange peel? Any word on that?

If this is a product that is as good as it says it is and something that I can apply within reasonable time. I have no problem with it. As long as it is a good product.

Guest windowpimp

A supplier I know carries it and has had it on his newer Bmw X5 for over a year,, still looks great,, in the area he is in,, theres lots of sand, and grime on roads half the year... normal windshields get pitted in time with it but no wear showing on application,, he's heard rocks ping off also... learning curve ive heard is not bad,, a company I know has done some,, said head shrinking is different,, great commercial application... industrial/oilpatch whatever trucks around here go thru glass like crazy driving backroads, or lack of... lol,,, no one carries insurance on winshields,, they replace a couple times of year, so would be good here,,, weekend warriors,, canyon man 4x4 owners in urbania , would be more for gadget effect...

Guest Litespeeds

I have seen this product and it looks like a 4 mil clear film. I can not believe this stuff will not get scratched by windshield wipers when there is a lot of grit accumulated onto it. Also it will leave behind pitted marks where small rocks hit it. Eventually, you will get a lot of distortion from all the pits and then have to remove it.

Why in the world would someone pay good money to protect their windshield when you can get windshields replaced for something like $100 deductible and insurance pays for the rest. They don't raise your rates from this either. :shoot1

I can not sell anything that I do not believe in. Sorry but this is just something that might appeal to the exotic $100,000+ market.

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

My plex has been in both my vehicles for quite some time. This stuff is tough! looks clear, and has saved me a few windshield from road debris. I love it. It comes off clean and leaves no adhesive.

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

I sell it on new cars and the luxury market. I am straight up with the customers and tell them to expect 1-2 years tops. They are happy to have it and save themselves alot on a new windshield.

Archived