Will a claybar remove this? Skeptical...

Guest *Dave *

Guest *Dave *

Hello Everyone,

I just recently purchased a motorcyle and I noticed that on the headlight there are two small flecks of tar that have hit the headlight and hardened. I am a perfectionist and want to get rid of them - I have tried buffing and picking it off with a credit card but the little flecks are rock hard and on there good.

Someone else told me that they are certain a clay bar will remove it although I am skeptical as I don't see how a piece of clay will be able to rub down a rock hard piece of tar. I am really tight on money and don't want to buy a $20 piece of clay bar if it isn't going to work although if I know it will remove it I will be glad to do so.

I have attached a photo of the fleck for your reference (photos are large so you can see the detail) - any opinions/ideas are appreciated!

PICTURE 1

PICTURE 2

Thanks,

-Dave

Guest Guest

I've also tried soaking it in goo gone which I believe is a solvent similar to Tarminator etc.. and it did nothing. Perhaps this isn't really tar...

Guest tintgod

go to your local bike shop and ask them..im sure they will know more then us.

but if you want my opinion on what to use..go to a auto store and get some bug/tar remover, and see if that helps....that is the best advise I can give you with my knowledge on that.

or , call a detail shop, they might know

Guest Guest

Thanks guys, even though this is on a bike the answer should be just the same as if it was a car, same material. Anyone here have experiance removing something like this from their car using a claybar?

Depending on the gram of clay bar you get it will take off anything from tar to overspray, but if its indeed TAR get Stoners Tarminator and that will be the easiest. If it is tar, you will see it drip off a few seconds after you spray it on. We also do detailing and a direct dealer with stoner, we have been using tarminator for years. hope this helps :spit

Archived