Mazda 6 BG help!

mustangdroptop96

Let me start by saying I use Suntek HP films. I attempted back glass on a Mazda 6 and used 4 sheets before I said screw it and did it in 2 peices which is HATE and NEVER do. the center shrinking is hard but comes out fine, but I cannot avoid creasing on the top and bottom corners no mater how careful or gentle I am. I used wet shrinking the first 2 attempts and on the 3rd and forth I tried dry shrinking with this Dry shrink spray I use. I finally gave up. . . . . .Any help on this car? I have another one in a week

I do lots of these cars both the sedan and the hatch style..both are harder shrinks than the mazda 3's for sure. Use the soap shrink technique , let the soap dry and tack just the left and right sides of the window wet. Go easy on the heat..leave a little "extra" film in the top corners so you can cut off the fray burned ends if it happens to have problems in the corners . :dumbass

Guest rcjello

6 is pretty straight forward. I agree use the soap or dryer sheet method. tack the middle and edges. try watching rykers vid of the dual heat gun or lift and pull. hp shrinks great be patient move the film around. you'll get it with more practice.

Guest Crackz

I would say use baby powder for the dry shrink its the smoothest shrink in my opinion and shrink slow its a tuff shrink for that glass and use a h anchor :dumbass good luck and dont rush the shrink :thumb:err

Archived