XPEL Roadshow

Guest XPEL Tim

Guest XPEL Tim
Can you send me more info about Chicago? I sent an email to your website back on April 30th but got no response.

We have you on the list for Chicago. I will be working out the details on that show when I get back in the office next week. I will post the details here as well as email you an invitation with the address etc.

Guest XPEL Tim
What's the gel?

I cant locate it on the website?

The installation gel is an alternative slip solution in place of soap and water. The idea behind the gel is that instead of working chemically to allow you to position the kit, as soap and water does, the gel works mechanically. That is, the gel is just thick enough that it floats the film over the paint on a viscous layer until squeegeed rather than preventing adhesion chemically. So, instead of having a foreign and unwanted substance under the film (soap) that has to be flushed out in contoured areas to allow adhesion, you get an inert substance that allows rapid adhesion as soon as the kit is squeegeed out. This means that you aren't going to have to continually spray fingers with alcohol in attempts to wash out the soapy residue. Often, the fingers will lay down on the first swipe.

Also, because the gel is thick, it stays on the car right where you spray it instead of dripping off or evaporating. This means far less fumbling around with bottles respraying solution during installation, and it makes a bottle of gel go a lot further. Here at the shop, we get around 5 bumpers out of a 32 oz. spray bottle.

It is on the site under the installation tools section if you want to give it a try.

Archived