film comp.

I wanted to ask you all a few questions here, and I would like to first point out that I'm not trying to be cute or start a film comp. bashing thread, but wanted serious responses.

I keep reading posts that say, for ex., "I'm not gonna buy anymore film from them because their customer service sucks", and on and on.

So my question is, what are you looking for in regards to this customer service that you are not getting.

We dont need much help from them, other than just ship what we want and on time.

Suntek, for ex., has been one to get several complaints due to poor customer service. I have yet to experience this, maybe we are just lucky, but trust me, we are far from it.

I called them last friday at 4:40, and I needed 50' of a 60" film, they cut it and shipped it out same day, and I received it monday at 10 am, but I am next day ground from them. They were nice and more than willing to help. I know of other companies that would have told me to pizz off, and it wouldn't ship until the next business day.

I usually dont need any other help from them, the only other thing I can think of is if people cant figure out on their own what film is safe to use where, and I thought thats what a film to glass chart was for. :gasp

So, lets start a list of what we should expect from our suppliers in regards to customer service, since we know who some of them are on here, and for the lurkers to read, and maybe they will take to heart what we say, but probably not

:hmmm

I personally want a personal touch so that I dont feel like I am just another open wallet. In all my years of tinting in this part of the country, I have never seen a rep at my shop. The vinyl company's I buy from are just the opposite. I see reps from them at least once a month, where they are stopping in, showing me new product, dropping off free samples and tools, giving me leads on jobs and letting me know about any changes or tips/shortcuts they have found in the industry in their travels. I would love to see the same thing from my tint suppliers and I believe that there are others who would agree around here.

Getting my orders right is always appreciated and I personally havent had a problem with that. As far as tech support, I usually just use my film-to-glass chart and any info that I can get from their tech site. If I ever have any further questions I will usually pm one of the experts on here. :gasp

I personally want a personal touch so that I dont feel like I am just another open wallet. In all my years of tinting in this part of the country, I have never seen a rep at my shop. The vinyl company's I buy from are just the opposite. I see reps from them at least once a month, where they are stopping in, showing me new product, dropping off free samples and tools, giving me leads on jobs and letting me know about any changes or tips/shortcuts they have found in the industry in their travels. I would love to see the same thing from my tint suppliers and I believe that there are others who would agree around here.

Getting my orders right is always appreciated and I personally havent had a problem with that. As far as tech support, I usually just use my film-to-glass chart and any info that I can get from their tech site. If I ever have any further questions I will usually pm one of the experts on here. :hmmm

The film reps probably fear the ice roads will melt!!! :gasp:lol Seriously, if you never have seen a film rep, call them.SOme have them, some don't. The Madico dealer in my market has none. But they also have lost part of their territory and have seen market share dwindle by almst half in the past 3-4 years. Call your film company you deal with and ask. If they have one, they'll definately send em in. If not, call around and see who is in your area for reps.

Getting my orders right is always appreciated and I personally havent had a problem with that. As far as tech support, I usually just use my film-to-glass chart and any info that I can get from their tech site. If I ever have any further questions I will usually pm one of the experts on here. :hmmm

The film reps probably fear the ice roads will melt!!! :gasp:lol Seriously, if you never have seen a film rep, call them.SOme have them, some don't. The Madico dealer in my market has none. But they also have lost part of their territory and have seen market share dwindle by almst half in the past 3-4 years. Call your film company you deal with and ask. If they have one, they'll definately send em in. If not, call around and see who is in your area for reps.

I can answer that...nobody has reps for around here. that may be changing soon though.

Guest tallscott

It would be nice for them to push leads to dealers. It would also be nice for them to use some of their own cash to make the public more aware of what window film can do for them!! Most the time shipping is pretty good! SG if they didn't have it in stock in Fla. would ship from elsewhere but only charge the local shipping charges!

Guest Marco
It would be nice for them to push leads to dealers. It would also be nice for them to use some of their own cash to make the public more aware of what window film can do for them!! Most the time shipping is pretty good! SG if they didn't have it in stock in Fla. would ship from elsewhere but only charge the local shipping charges!

They do give leads and why should they pay advertising when they can use us to push it for them :gasp I like reps who know what they are doing and if one doesn't work use another or go above them but I wouldn't blame the whole company or change films I just wouldn't recommend them to anyone else :hmmm

I wanted to ask you all a few questions here, and I would like to first point out that I'm not trying to be cute or start a film comp. bashing thread, but wanted serious responses.

I keep reading posts that say, for ex., "I'm not gonna buy anymore film from them because their customer service sucks", and on and on.

So my question is, what are you looking for in regards to this customer service that you are not getting.

We dont need much help from them, other than just ship what we want and on time.

Suntek, for ex., has been one to get several complaints due to poor customer service. I have yet to experience this, maybe we are just lucky, but trust me, we are far from it.

I called them last friday at 4:40, and I needed 50' of a 60" film, they cut it and shipped it out same day, and I received it monday at 10 am, but I am next day ground from them. They were nice and more than willing to help. I know of other companies that would have told me to pizz off, and it wouldn't ship until the next business day.

I usually dont need any other help from them, the only other thing I can think of is if people cant figure out on their own what film is safe to use where, and I thought thats what a film to glass chart was for. :gasp

So, lets start a list of what we should expect from our suppliers in regards to customer service, since we know who some of them are on here, and for the lurkers to read, and maybe they will take to heart what we say, but probably not

:hmmm

All I expect is for them to correctly ship my order-when I order it-I dont need reps-cause 99% of them dont know jack shizz :lol and the other 1% know less than the rest. :lol

Archived