New Business?

I have been considering opening a tint/accessories shop of some kind for a little while now. I currently am the Store Manager, and fmr. installer, at an accessory shop. I have checked out Alta Mere, but I hear people on here have a problem with them. Honestly, there are none in my area (Ohio), so I would love to hear the reasoning behind this and any good input any can give me would be great. I prefer to go independent but funding is the main issue there. I know that the chances of financing are a little better with franchise. If anybody can give me any kind of feedback that would be great. Thanks,

Jason

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest fastlanedesigns

All I can say is that most of the Alta Mere franchises around here do not have an "outstanding" reputation. (no offense wndo) I am sure that has more to do with personnel turnover and management than anything. (again, no offense intended) If you can get the right people in and keep them, I am sure that any franchise could be an excellent venture for the right person. I can only speak for the particular ones in my area. If you don't have any of them in your area, I am sure that you could be the exception to the rule. Good luck and Godspeed! :thumb

Guest Sprinter

alta-mere did'nt last to long here and there are none here now, why franchise if you know how to tint by you saying your a former installer then just open your own shop.

opening in the winter might be pretty hard especially in the east!

are you going kto open an accesories shop along with it, that might be the way to go?

low on funds to opt for a franchise, could be risky?

if you can get a bank loan for a few thousand or use the good old credit cards to get your venture capitol together or have a partner who would back you financally?

many options for you to ponder for sure?

good luck, and oh we don't like alta-mere for there cheap prices?

they could'nt last in a tint infested town on cheap price alone!

Not only do you need to take into consideration the amount of money it will cost for startup of a new shop, but you should have enough money to cover operating cost for probably a good year. Any business takes a year to two years to become profitable enough to support itself. So looking either into a partnership (someone with financial backing) or a Franchise is the wisest choice. I believe what happened here with "A-Mere", is they expected to come in and dominate the market. But with ANY business you will still have the 1 - 2 year window for profit! Most of them opened, sucked in business with low prices, then closed as little as 6 months later. I think the longest one stayed open here was maybe a year and a half. Mr P can correct me if I am wrong!

TTC :thumb

Guest mosolarpro

one opened down from one of my shops a little ways and lowballer prices have affected me some, and its within the same block as another shop. when I drive by it looks slow and I have heard stories they can't keep help also, dunno. I'd say if funds are limited get help or dont do it and wait until you have the money to survive when it slows up.

Archived