New Business?

LOTS OF PEOPLE :lol6 back in 94 I heard the guy that opened the one I worked at paid 100,000 for it, there were about 50 altamere`s in the usa when I quit in 96, all mainly in texas and oklahoma and spreading east. dont kinw how many there are now but I bet ist in the hundreds.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Credit cards,credit cards they are great for getting started and now is the time with most having no or very low interest for a while,Just got one nationsbank visa 7500.00 no interest til AUG 04 .Hello new steamcleaner and tint tools :lol6 PS screw a franchise unless you were born with money :lol6

the guy that opened the one here had such success at the start he opened one in lawton, oklahoma. we were tinting 300+ cars a month at this altamere and he was shitting in tall cotton, and figured HEY! I`m on to something :lol6 so he opened a altamere in lawton, oklahoma, home of FORT SILL army base, that store didnt do as good and he quickly figured out the amry dudes could r*pe his ass, that store started losing money and brought this one down with it eventhough we were tinting planty of cars to support this store, it totally f****d him up. he got greedy and it bit him in the ass big time.

Thats what I scooped up on the franchise investment of alta-mere...............

Investment Requirements:

• Franchising Since: 1993

• Liquid CapitalRequired: $25,000 - $30,000 Minimum

• Initial Investment $93,000

Financing Assistance:

• Yes, Via Third Party

Training and Support:

• Yes

There are less AM's than you think dog. Last I heard it was down to about 40-50. Kinda like sprinter said, some towns have run them out. Rumor had it about a year ago that one was coming up here. Haven't seen or heard anything about it. We WILL have a Wendy's in about a month!! :shock It's been about 10 years since they were selling Dr*gs out the back door and the food was AWFUL, so they were shut down. I think the reason people buy into the AM deal for that much moola, is most of them are not tinters and they want to be a business owner. They see how successful the AM name can be and take advantage. The AM I worked at was always in the top 5 in sales from '95 to '00. We averaged about $2500-3000 a day. That's slingin' some tint, but there were 4 of us working in the back most of the time. 2 were full tinters, 1 who mostly did 12 volt stuff, and me (jack of all trades, king of none.) There is NO WAY I would do the franchise thing now, because I know what it takes to run a tint shop. I'm no PR or cust. service expert, but I can talk to them and educate them, and also do everything in the shop. AM owners rely on tinters to make them money. If they leave, they'll find more. We (at AM) were always training someone. We had more turnover than anywhere else I've worked. We finally installed a revolving door!

Guest Sprinter

we had 4 or 5 open in one year and they stayed maybe one year total, don't know why it was back in the early 90's in like 93. before I was tinting so I really did'nt pay to much attention to them.

Ft silly OK,,,,:shock

Archived