Patterns Not Connecting

I've been with 3 places that use plotters. First was an anagraph, next was a mimaki, and now a graphtec (worst one!). Anyway what helps a pattern (let's say a circle) connect where it first started cutting? They are using Tint Tek :dunno which the connecting isn't a big deal, but I am trying to get them into graphics. It's not looking good if I can't get this plotter to connect, it will take way too long to wead the patterns if you have to hand cut most of it...

It might be their settings. I hate to mess with it since I new here (what do I know!). Another problem is the pinchers are messed up. The far left pincher is too tight, the middle doesn't touch, and the right one is just right. I can't see how to adjust the pressure. My guess is it was to be the left pincher pulls on the film just enough to offset the pattern.

It's a CE2000 120.

Looked at it again. It's only springs setting the pressure. Might need to order more of those.

Guest Litespeeds

Obviously this has to do with the feed because if it doesn't feed straight, it won't connect. Had the same problem with ANAGraph and now that I bought a new Roland, it is perfect.

It might be their settings. I hate to mess with it since I new here (what do I know!). Another problem is the pinchers are messed up. The far left pincher is too tight, the middle doesn't touch, and the right one is just right. I can't see how to adjust the pressure. My guess is it was to be the left pincher pulls on the film just enough to offset the pattern.

It's a CE2000 120.

Looked at it again. It's only springs setting the pressure. Might need to order more of those.

You should have screws so that you can adjust the springs somehow. :thumb

:rollin

I've been with 3 places that use plotters. First was an anagraph, next was a mimaki, and now a graphtec (worst one!). Anyway what helps a pattern (let's say a circle) connect where it first started cutting? They are using Tint Tek :dunno which the connecting isn't a big deal, but I am trying to get them into graphics. It's not looking good if I can't get this plotter to connect, it will take way too long to wead the patterns if you have to hand cut most of it...

we had problems with 20/20 switched to fvd & the problems disappeared, its not my graphtec :beer

Archived