windows with no border

You must be a huge Jeff Gordon fan, as I myself am. Just gotta say, I went to Infineon today to watch practice then qualifying, and Gordon is by far the smoothest driver on a road course, even as 'greasy' as the track was on this 100+ degree day.

Yes I am, and I thought he was toast early in the race yesterday, but managed to pull out a third place finish. :thumb

Ok I tried it last night. The Dow 5500. It went on fairly well. I did not pull the windows and had a little trouble getting to the edges. Instead of the applicator I used a sponge paint brush and it seemed better at getting down to the edges. I let it dry/cure for about 2 hours before I started any tinting. I was pleased with everything up to this point. When applying the film and the squeegeeing process the border came off with the swipe of the squeegee. So on the other side I was alot more gentle and did not get the film to stick to it very well. Either way it wasn't as good as I hoped but it is definately better than no border. There are a few touch up options I am going to try today but will probably pull it all off scrape and try again. Maybe letting it cure for a day instead of a couple hours.

Big money thank you for the tip once I get this little stuff figured out it will be awesome I am sure of it. How long do you let it dry/cure for before tinting?

Archived